Part II or Part III
We are seeking a skilled and highly motivated experienced Part II or Part 3 Architect to join our central London practice, in a full-time role, starting as soon as reasonably practical.
Openstudio is a RIBA chartered practice, specialising in the design and delivery of contemporary projects from commercial and residential buildings to furniture and landscape design. In 2020, Openstudio were announced the joint winners of the RIBA and Homes for England Home of 2030 housing competition, to deliver housing suitable for an aging population. Please visit our website to understand in more detail the type of work we do and the principles we value: www.openstudioarchitects.com
We are a studio with a diverse range and scale of projects which delivers excellence with a team of people who collaborate happily and effectively. We expect meticulous work, productivity, focus, care and attention to detail, quick thinking, generosity towards others and positivity.
It is an advantage if you have the following:
- Familiarity with Apple Macs and Vectorworks
- Excellent presentation and graphic skills with good knowledge of: Photoshop, Indesign, Adobe Illustrator, Word and Excel
- A good grasp of BIM processes
- Experience of site inspections and contract administration
Short-listed candidates will be asked to prepare a brief design statement in advance of an interview. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- Part 2 or Part 3 qualified with minimum 2 year post-Part 2 work experience in the UK
- Have experience in all stages of excellent design projects: both refurbishment and new-build
- Have excellent understanding of, and appreciation for, materials and detailing
- Have excellent communication skills: verbal, visual and written, including fluent English
- Have the ability to work as both part of a team and also independently
- Have the flexibility to be able to apply themselves to several projects at once
- Have the ability to take responsibility for and check their own work
- Have a positive approach to a diverse and varied workload
- Have outstanding design and presentation skills, for both building delivery and competition submissions
- Familiarity with UK Building Regulations and national standards
- Work with and report to Architect director and other colleagues
- Preparing information for presentation to planners, clients and consultants
- Preparing packages of technical information for construction
- Undertaking site visits and client correspondence
Salary to be commensurate with experience and in-line with RIBA salary guides.
To apply please send your CV, max. 5mb sample portfolio, and a covering letter describing why you would be a good fit for our team, which projects of ours interest you, and why, your salary expectations and your availability to: email@example.com
Apply for Part II or Part III
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly