Town Planning Consultant
Chartered Planning Consultant
My client is a global leader in the Real Estate industry, who's Land, Development and Planning team has an immediate need to recruit an enthusiastic Planning Consultant.
My client specialises in advising clients in both the private and public sector on the delivery of complex regeneration and development projects. Their focus is on bringing forward development schemes from the conception and feasibility stage to the procurement and delivery of development on site across all property sectors. My client responds to a constantly evolving agenda and is looking for a dynamic individual with the enthusiasm and drive to make a major contribution to the team.
The purpose of the role will be to provide professional advice on a variety of client briefs, working under the direction of Associates and Partners in the team. Instructions will cover a range of areas including market and socio-economic analysis, strategic planning and development advice and site optioneering. The role will involve client contact, a varied work profile and regular liaison with colleagues in other internal teams. The focus of work will be in the Midlands but with the potential for support on UK wide mandates.
- Support the Planning team in nurturing existing client relationships and identifying new business opportunities.
- Develop awareness of the Land, Development and Planning discipline to colleagues internally and in dealings with other contacts.
- Delivery of high-quality work efficiently and effectively to support team revenue and profit targets.
- Contribute to appropriate monthly fee billing and support the management and monitoring of financial performance information.
- Assist with the preparation of team business planning documents and attendance at ad-hoc meetings to discuss business opportunities with colleagues.
- Ensure that all files are compliant with Quality Assurance procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a professional manner.
- Consistently meet (and exceed) clients' expectations.
- Display strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Establish and maintain strong links with colleagues in other teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years private sector experience, with a North-West consultancy preferred.
- Relevant Planning Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Professionally qualified MRTPI chartership, or working towards it.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent IT skills including use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Rounded knowledge of property in a development context.
- High quality consultancy skills including report and proposal writing, presentations, and general communication.
- Strong written and verbal communicator, able to present ideas and recommendations to clients clearly and confidently.
- An understanding of business development and client relationship management.
- Demonstrable technical competence in areas relevant to role.
- Demonstrable understanding of market and local knowledge.
- A hard working, conscientious, organised team player.
- Ability to deal with demanding clients and deadlines.
On offer to the successful candidate
- A competitive starting salary.
- An impressive benefits package.
- Company car allowance.
- Continued dedication to training and professional progress.
Interested? For applications or more info about this role and others in the Town Planning sector, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at email@example.com, or call 01792 365 104.