3 days left
- Full Time
Looking for greater project variety?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, highly motivated Architectural Technologist to join OHA, a successful practice in beautiful Herefordshire, as an integral part of their future growth plans.
OHA have a huge diversity of current projects, many of them from valued repeat clients. The firm’s current portfolio includes projects in the sports, education and care sectors, historic and listed building refurbishments, and new housing schemes ranging from individual client homes to multi-unit residential developments.
OHA specialise in contemporary rural architecture with a strong emphasis on the environmental sustainability of their work. The firm’s ethos encourages all members of the design team to play a valued role.
The successful candidate will
• hold a HNC / degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Architectural Technology / Architecture;
• have at least 3 years’ post qualification experience working in architectural practice;
• be proficient in both 2D and 3D CAD, with previous ArchiCAD experience preferable;
• have excellent technical design skills and ability to create comprehensive working drawing packages;
• have experience of working on UK developments with good knowledge of the planning process and the Building Regulations;
• be an excellent communicator, able to work independently as well as a key part of a small, dedicated and friendly team.
• have excellent organisation and time-management skills, be able to work to planned deadlines.
• assisting with the co-ordination and preparation of developed 2D and 3D CAD schemes to be submitted as part of project planning applications (RIBA stage 3);
• leading the technical design process, co-ordinating, integrating and managing detailed design and production information, working closely with the design team and associated professional consultants (RIBA stages 4 – 5);
• Liaising with and producing documentation for statutory approval authorities (RIBA stage 3 – 4);
• Managing health and safety, carrying out design stage reviews in relation to designers and principal designers (RIBA stages 2 – 5).
• Become part of a growing practice with excellent career progression opportunities;
• Engage in a wide variety of project types and scales, with an emphasis on quality;
• Be part of a friendly team in a spacious modern working environment, close to beautiful countryside;
• Opportunity for flexible / part homeworking where appropriate;
• Competitive salary, £25K - £35K depending on experience;
• 25 days per annum paid leave.
If you are interested in becoming a key part of a successful and growing team, please send your covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this role together with CV and select portfolio of previous work (maximum 5 sheets) to:
Applications are open until 30th October 2021.
Apply for Architectural Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly