Senior Architectural Technologist (London)
- Full Time
About the Role
Qualified Technologist (CIAT or equivalent) with at least 10 years’ experience of post RIBA stage 3 services capable of taking day-to-day responsibility for at least two major projects. Senior Architectural Technologists will operate within a team structure and report directly to an Associate Director or Director. Senior Architectural Technologists must be capable of developing detailed design proposals to high standards of quality and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Under the supervision of the Project Director, lead the production of tender and construction packages including: drawings, schedules and specifications
- Liaise and coordinate work by all external consultants and internally within the rest of the team and assist where required in the coordination of the internal design team
- Manage tender processes: Documentation, issuing, analysing, and reporting to clients
- Site inspections: Liaison with contractors and subcontractors to review performance against specification.
- Administration of contracts (except where D&B): Dealing with RFI’s and issuing all instructions, valuations and certificates
- Seek, and record evidence of, continuing professional development (CPD) and an annual Personal Development Plan (PDP) in accordance with the requirements of CIAT
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with ECD procedures and standards
- Accurately record time spent on projects and work with Project Director to ensure this remains within agreed budget and timescale.
Qualities & skills required
- 10+ years post CIAT qualification experience in Architecture (ideally in a UK practice)
- Knowledge of Revit preferable but not essential
- Ability to deliver all post RIBA Stage 3 services, both independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated and can manage own workload with excellent organisational skills
- Confidence managing both clients and projects
- Outstanding attention to detail and design
- Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of the design project
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
- Ability to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Ability to assist with the management of junior assistants on the team.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- Experience working in BIM
- Ability to use the following: Revit, NBS, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the Company may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this, and adapt a flexible approach to work.
This is a flexible/hybrid working role for which at least one day a week would be in the office; other work days could be undertaken from home.
Please email your CV, portfolio and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Please reference the role for which you are applying within the subject line of your email.
Remuneration is dependent on experience. Applicants must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK. ECD is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the high volume of applications only invitation to interview will be sent. No agencies need apply.
Apply for Senior Architectural Technologist (London)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly