Architectural Technician / Assistant
2 days left
- Full Time
We have a terrific opportunity for an Architectural Technician / Assistant to join our established firm of Architects based in beautiful North Devon. We can offer:
- A competitive salary, dependant on qualifications, experience and ability;
- Flexi-leave, so you can balance work with other commitments;
- 33 days annual leave plus time off in lieu;
- Company pension scheme;
- In house CPD, plus support for personal learning & development;
- Regular ‘design days’ when we all collaborate on design challenges & competitions;
- A relaxed working environment in a pleasant Grade II listed studio;
- A genuine chance for career progression
But this is Devon, so you can actually enjoy a challenging and inspiring working day then go for a surf or take the family for a picnic on the beach or the moors after work!
We are a smaller practice but punch way above our weight and regularly win projects outside of the South West competing successfully against much bigger firms. We believe the personal touch combined with imagination, flexibility and enthusiasm sets us apart.
Our current workload includes lots of interesting one-off houses and barn conversions, often in stunning locations, carefully considered housing developments and larger projects in the tourism and leisure sector. So you will never be bored!
We love what we do and are looking for a talented individual to take a hands-on role and be a meaningful part of our team. We're looking for someone with technical design skills. Typical tasks will include:
- technical appraisal of scheme design proposals;
- building regulations applications;
- technical design & detailing
- specifications & schedules;
- preparing and negotiating tenders;
- contract administration;
- site meetings;
- measured building surveys.
This is a great chance for an Architectural Technician / Assistant wishing to take the next step in his or her career. The ideal candidate will have:
- A positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic outlook;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the UK;
- HNC in Construction or RIBA Part 1;
- Good CAD skills, (experience of Vectorworks will be an advantage);
- Good Microsoft Office skills;
- The ability to manage their own time effectively;
- A genuine interest in architecture and design.
If the idea of enjoying a better quality of life appeals, in the first instance, please email your CV and recent examples of your own work with a covering letter, (describing what you offer and why you’d like to join us) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Architectural Technician / Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly