Historic Building Architect - (Remote Working)
Historic Building Architect (FTC Until Sept 2022) Job in London or Swindon (Remote Working)
We are currently working with a public body that are currently seeking an Experienced Conservation Architect to join the team on a fixed-term contract of 3 months. You will be working on exciting repair, alteration, and refurbishment projects for England's most treasured historic sites. To be considered you must be an ARB registered Architect ideally with conservation accreditation. The role offers free access to England's heritage sites, 28 days holiday + bank holidays, flexible working hours, and remote working.
Their grant funding is essential to support the heritage sector and you will be working proactively with grant recipients and internal colleagues to provide technical advice and support as part of a small project team. You will be developing proposals as part of the Technical Conservation team and delivering grants as part of the Culture Recovery Fund to support the repair and adaptive reuse of traditional buildings.
Role & Responsibilities
- Advise and develop proposals for the care, repair, adaption, and conservation of buildings and structures across England
- Provide Technical advice to grant recipients to mitigate risk and issues with historic sites
- Defect diagnosis
- Specification of works
- Oversee and advise on the stages and programming of construction works
- Liaise with other relevant public bodies about restrictions and best practice.
Required Skills & Experience
- ARB registered Architect
- Conservation accreditation would be highly desirable
- Experienced in traditional and/or heritage projects
- Extensive wide-ranging experience of the repair, alteration and adaptation of traditional buildings
- Experience in diagnosing defects in historic buildings and specifying works to upgrade them to meet current regulations and standards
- Good working knowledge of a wide range of building materials, historic building construction, current conservation, and the range of methods for repair and maintenance practice
- Good knowledge and understanding of the stages and programming of construction works.
What you get back
- Salary of up to £39,000
- Holiday 28 days + Bank Holidays
- Free entry to England's heritage sites
- Chance to work on exciting conservation projects throughout England
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Historic Building Surveyor Job in London or Swindon- Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Job Ref:11946)