Development Planner | Land
Development Planner | Land
Penguin recruitment are delighted to present an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Town Planner to join one of the UK's leading Land & Planning Promotors!
My client is seeking an enthusiastic Town Planner to join their dynamic and forward-thinking team made up of 5 talented individuals. The successful candidate will assist the team in Planning and promotion of land development schemes within the south midlands region including the identification of new scheme opportunities where appropriate.
- Project manage new and existing development schemes through the planning process, negotiating satisfactory S106 agreements and planning conditions to achieve satisfactory planning consent.
- Undertake systematic planning research and site searching of development opportunities with owners, agents, and advisors.
- Instruct consultant teams with a view to enhancing the value of the opportunities and securing marketable sites.
- Prepare, discuss, and submit offers to owners and agents of new opportunities.
- Attend meetings and consultation events with Local Planning Authorities, Parish and Town Councils and other stakeholders.
- Work with the appointed solicitors following approval to secure a contractual position.
- Prepare board reports following the agreement of terms
- Assemble the necessary marketing and sales material to allow opportunities to be sold once the optimum planning position has been achieved.
- Assist as appropriate in the disposal of land.
- Undertake other appropriate tasks as requested by the Area Manager.
- Be proactive in identifying issues and the action of change.
- Observe strict confidentiality in respect to information contained in correspondence.
- Represent and act in the best interest of the company at all times.
- Consider your own training needs and make suggestions accordingly. Undertake training as directed and achieve the objectives.
- Provide assistance and cover for the other team members as required.
- Contribute to the operation and future development of the company by communicating your suggestions and providing relevant information to the Area Manager.
- Create a climate conductive to high motivation and productivity, personal satisfaction and loyalty by leadership, example and fair practice and the maintenance of effective work relationships.
- Any other duties related to the work of the Regional office as directed by the Area Manager.
- Must hold a Planning degree or equivalent qualification in a relative Planning field.
- Have 2+ years' experience in a similar role.
- MRTPI Chartered Town Planner or working towards it.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
What's on offer
- A competitive starting salary!
- An impressive benefits package!
- Flexible home/office working arrangement!
- The opportunity to grow as a professional through exposure to exciting projects!
- A commitment to professional development through continued training and support!
- A commitment to equal opportunity and a positive, driven working environment!
Interested? - For applications and more information regarding this role please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01792 365 104.