Planning Director | Location: Flexible, Nationwide - head office Yorkshire.
My client is a multi-disciplinary team of consultants, planners, architects and landscape architects focused on rural development and diversification. My client works throughout the UK with a wide and varied client base with diverse land and property interests.
Their dynamic planning team is expanding, and they are now seeking an experienced chartered planning professional with proven planning experience in town planning, ideally with a specialism in rural planning.
We are seeking applicants with a proven track record of successful business development, with extensive experience in the planning process from preparation and submission, to consent and appeal. The successful candidate will be a seasoned leader with management experience in directing and developing a team. The candidate will have design appreciation and a flair for accuracy and creativity.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Exemplary planning skills including a deep understanding of the planning consent process.
- Client facing skills with the ability to present and communicate at senior levels and across a range of stakeholders.
- Keen knowledge and expertise of planning practice legislation.
- Outstanding project management skills coupled with timeliness and accuracy.
- Excellent report writing with a natural ability to explain and discuss planning issues for a varied audience.
- Business development skills with a track record of creating new opportunities.
- A talent for line management and team leadership with the ability to mentor and develop junior colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and juggle competing demands.
- Strong networking skills with the ability to build contacts across the industry.
- Skilled in planning software and data systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to contribute to the promotion of the company through the generation of PR content.
Duties of the role:
- Building existing client relationships and generating new business.
- Identifying and developing commercial opportunities to grow the planning business.
- Leading multi-disciplined projects and providing strategic direction.
- Provide excellent client care and client relationship management.
- Project managing a mix of planning submissions and appeals.
- Performing strategic planning research and policy development including assessments of development potential.
- Undertake due diligence work and provide clients with development advice.
- Providing strategic project management input of the planning project including financial management.
- Have a thorough understanding of legislation and the latest planning laws.
- Expanding networks and creating relationships with key stakeholders including local authorities.
- Providing senior leadership across the business.
- Mentoring colleagues and peer review responsibilities to ensure excellent standards of work and project management.
- Contribute to motivating, developing and managing the planning teams performance and the performance of multi-discipline teams you are a part of.
- Maintaining continual professional development in accordance with the requirements of your professional institute.
My client is happy to offer the ideal candidate a competitive salary as well as an impressive benefits package which includes discretionary bonus scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance programme (EAP), wellness allowance, and much more.
For applications or more information about this opportunity and others in the Town Planning sector, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at email@example.com, or call 01792 365 104.
Apply for Planning Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly