Senior Planner or Associate Planner | Reading
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be working with a leading Planning & Design Consultancy in Reading on the hire of a Senior Planner or Associate Planner.
In this role you will work on a broad range of planning projects including residential, mixed use, retail, strategic land and commercial proposals, of various types and scales, including exciting regeneration and place making opportunities.
The successful Planner will play a key part in delivering the teams' existing work requirements as well as assisting with further growth across the Thames Valley, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire regions helping to develop and deliver opportunities and building on the teams' success to date. Clients include house builders, landowners, education institutions, land promotion companies and public sector clients including the NHS and Homes England.
To have an impact in the role you will:
- Promote large scale residential and mixed-use developments through the Local Development Framework, and coordinating professional teams to submit applications
- Lead the day-to-day work on applications, appeals and inquiries, as well as developments, plans and promotions
- Co-ordinate project teams and be responsible for project management
- Conduct research and site appraisals on projects for our client base
- Prepare, submit and negotiate planning applications
- Prepare planning and economic statements
- Policy representations
- Develop strategy for site promotions
- Develop client relationships and generate work
- Further raising the team profile and Business Development across the Thames Valley, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire regions
To succeed in the role, it is likely that you will:
- Are MRTPI qualified
- Have strong planning experience, including residential experience, preferably in consultancy
- Have excellent organisational and project management skills
- Have an interest in growing the business, including managing client relationships and building a professional contacts network
- Have local knowledge of, and a track record of working in, the Thames Valley, Buckinghamshire or Oxfordshire areas and client contacts
- Are committed and have an eye for detail
- Have strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Used to working with minimal supervision and have a strong ability to use their own initiative
- Are capable of managing a wide and complex workload
- Are personable and a strong team player
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a car
The Partner would like to meet with senior level planning professionals immediately so please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For more information on this role or other Reading vacancies please contact me on 01792 341 104 or email@example.com
Apply for Senior Planner or Associate Planner | Reading
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly