Senior Architect at DyerGrimes Architecture
DyerGrimes Architecture are seeking an experienced Senior Architect to join its team in London
Who we are
Dyer Grimes Architecture are a leading high-end residential Architectural and Interiors Design practice in South West London, who have achieved the Sunday Times Best Family Home award two years running and have moved into brand new offices overlooking the river at Wandsworth. We have recently won some fantastic new commissions and are looking to grow our team with a number of different positions. We are an award-winning practice and as such have high standards of design and presentation.
Working closely with the Head of Creative design you will have full responsibility for designing new houses and extensions to period properties primarily based around the South-West London area.
You will deal with the client directly throughout the briefing process, design, and pre-planning stages and as well as liaising with cost consultants, internal and external professionals. It will be your responsibility to prepare drawings, plans and documents for feasibility studies, pre/planning applications and obtain relevant research and permissions.
- Demonstrate solid expertise in high end residential new build houses and period refurbishment projects preferably in the South-East London area.
- Excellent design, presentation, and technical ability
- A demonstrable track record of running projects from inception to completion.
- Comprehensive contract documentation and contract administration skills.
- High proficiency in Vectorworks, 3D modelling skills Sketchup and 3D rendering skills, In-Design & Photoshop software.
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage external technical staff, consultants, and contractors
- Strong ability to prioritise and handle multi-tasking.
- Strong ability in the production of detailed drawing packages for construction.
- Advanced Knowledge of NBS Specification, UK British Standards & Building regulations.
- Managed projects on site successfully to timescale & budget.
- Commercially savvy as well as demonstrate understanding for budgets and construction costs.
- Positive, outgoing, and approachable communicator, able to express ideas effectively, orally, graphically and in writing, and can lead any client comfortably through the design process and respond effectively to the clients’ briefs.
- Can keep up with a fast-paced working environment and deal with obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
We are looking for the best Senior Architects, we are looking for high quality candidates, with UK experience only and proven residential experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly and creative office and build a portfolio of award-winning homes.
What we Offer
Competitive salary based upon experience and a performance-based bonus. A variety of exciting projects and opportunities to grow professionally.
Due to the large volume of applications expected we are unable to respond to all enquiries.
Please submit your cover letter why you would like to join us, the date from which you are available, CV, and portfolio no more than 5mb and 15 pages, via e-mail to email@example.com referencing DGA-09 and your name in the subject bar.
We will be processing all data received according to general data protection regulations.