at 3s Architects
3s Architects is seeking an experienced technical architect with strong design and communication skills to join our team in London.
3s Architects is a small, design-lead award-winning architectural practice based in Richmond, south-west London. We specialise in high quality contemporary residential projects including private house refurbishments and extensions, new build houses, working with listed buildings, and mixed-use developments.
With hundreds of completed projects in and around London, the UK and a growing portfolio of overseas projects, we pride ourselves in designing to a high standard at all stages, from concept to detail and completion. Our approach and work seeks innovative contemporary solutions, is authentic and often surprising.
Associate architect job runner
We are looking for an experienced design-driven technical architect to join our team in a senior position. The successful candidate will work closely with the directors to run projects as well as oversee the work of other team members, in particular they will be responsible for the technical design and implementation stages, including site and contract administration.
Education and experience
The candidate must be an ARB RIBA registered architect with 10 years+ post part III UK experience. They will demonstrate proven record of running residential and mixed-use projects, including developing detailed technical proposals with a high level of design and substantial site experience.
- efficient and autonomous but also an integral team player;
- excellent communication skills;
- experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a professional manner;
- experience in working with consultants and leading the design team;
- excellent knowledge of UK statutory regulations and RIBA job stages;
- exceptional attention to detail across all aspects of design;
- experienced knowledge of products and specification;
- proven site and contract experience;
- knowledge of Vectorworks 2d and 3d desirable but not essential;
- strong design and presentation skills;
- ability to multi-task and manage time and workload, and understanding of resources and fees;
- developing detailed designs including the preparation of technical packages, building regulations, detailing, written scope of works / NBS specifications, schedules, lighting layouts, tender packages;
- tendering projects and evaluations;
- site role and contract administration;
- liaising with consultants and leading the process to coordinate designs;
- communicating with private and commercial clients to develop the designs maintaining the vision of the project and to achieve sign-offs;
- growing and maintaining new and existing supplier relationships;
- specifying products and materials and coordinating within designs;
- working closely with the directors to oversee projects and the work of other team members;
- mentoring and directing junior and middleweight designers;
- Vectorworks CAD;
- 3d Sketchup;
- Word, Excel and other Microsoft programmes;
Please include your CV, example portfolio of both design and technical work, and cover letter including salary expectations via the ‘apply’ link below:
We regret that due to the volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.