Town Planner | Housebuilder
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has presented itself for a talented and dynamic Town Planner to join an esteemed and well-established house builder based in the East Midlands! My client is a family-run business that has been in operation for over 130 years! The team works across the East Midlands building circa 350+ houses per year, and currently have 10 active sites in the Planning system. The team have also built an impressive land portfolio consisting of 30-40 further sites at varying stages of promotion.
My clients busy Planning team consists of three members - Land and Planning Director, Land Manager, and Senior Planner - and the successful candidate will be involved in every aspect of Planning work from development management to strategic land promotion. The team also work across commercial and sport & leisure projects! The role will require you to provide support to the Land & Planning Director across all of the clients Holdings companies. This will include responsibility for the day to day management of all core development management activities and new site promotional activity.
- Preparation, Submission and Management of Planning Applications.
- Appointment & Management of Consultants and Identification and Vetting of Preferred Organisations.
- Monitoring & Discharging of Conditions.
- Monitoring, Calculation & Payment of Section 106 Obligations.
- Responding to and Resolving Enforcement Queries.
- Responding to General Planning & Land Queries.
- Conducting Planning Appraisals of Land Opportunities.
- Producing Development Plan Representations.
- Attendance at Committees, Appeals & Consultation Events.
- Contributing to and / or managing the development of Promotional Strategies for Strategic Sites.
- Managing the Disposal of Land Assets including POS.
- Advising Other parts of the business on planning related matters.
- Contribution to Review and Development of the House type Range.
- Collaborating with other Departments as Required including indirect supervision of junior staff.
The successful candidate must have a Degree Level Qualification in Town Planning or equivalent. You must have at least 2 years post qualification experience in either a Local Planning Authority, Recognised Planning Consultancy or in a Housebuilding Environment. Candidates must have the ability to manage workload with strong planning and organising skills, as well as strong communications skills at all levels and attention to detail!
Interested? My client is happy to offer the ideal candidate a competitive starting salary, flexible home working 1-2 days per week, as well as an impressive benefits package! This will include fully expensed company car or cash equivalent, pension, private medical, life insurance, health shield (dentist, optician etc), 21 days holiday and 7 days extra free holiday for Christmas closedown.
For applications, or more information about this opportunity please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01792 365 104 to discuss Planning opportunities across the UK!