Infrastructure and Environmental Planner | Nationwide
7 days left
- Full Time
Infrastructure and Environmental Planner | London/Bristol/Cardiff
My client is the UK's leading independent and integrated Planning and Design consultancy, led by 21 Partners and employing almost 300 talented individuals in 13 regional offices across the UK.
Penguin recruitment are delighted to be supporting this esteemed consultancy in its search for a commercially minded Planner or Senior Planner to join their dynamic team.
My clients Infrastructure & Environmental Planning team operates nationwide, currently based from London, Cambridge, Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff, covering residential, mixed use and commercial projects and growing opportunities in the renewable energy and infrastructure sectors.
My client provides environmental, health & wellbeing, socio-economic and sustainability advice at the strategic and project levels. The team works within both the Town & Country Planning and Development Consent Order regimes and hold the IEMA EIA Quality Mark.
You will be provided a supportive environment and structured programme with exciting opportunities to work on a diverse range of projects. You will have client exposure from an early stage, enjoy outstanding professional development and be part of an innovative and exciting multi-disciplinary environment!
- Work collaboratively within your team and other internal teams, including design, to embed sustainability principles.
- Deliver an environmental planning advisory service on a range of applications.
- Co-ordinate impact assessments (environmental, health, socio-economic, sustainability) and associated processes for a range of developments.
- Review technical reports and work with technical consultants to progress them to the necessary standard for senior sign off.
- Co-ordinate project teams to complete their tasks in delivering projects to time and budget.
- Conduct research and site appraisals on projects for our client base.
- Assist with the preparation of planning promotion documents and with the submission and negotiation of planning applications.
- Assist with policy representations.
- Provide planning appeal assistance, if required.
- Seek opportunities to grow your own network internally and externally.
- Have 3-4 years' experience working in environmental, planning/consultancy.
- Have a relevant degree at 2:1 or above and ideally a postgraduate qualification.
- Have membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Have a good knowledge of the planning system, EIA, SA/plan promotion.
- Broad understanding of environmental, social, economic and sustainability issues.
- Track record in one or more of the following in addition to EIA and environmental/sustainability planning: health impact assessment, climate change assessment, socio-economic assessment, waste.
- Be committed to continuing your professional development with a willingness to learn and progress.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be personable and professional with high levels of motivation, ambition and drive.
- Have excellent team-working skills.
- Be commercially minded and take on personal responsibility.
- Be committed and have an eye for detail.
- Have an ability to manage your own time and workload.
- Be proficient with Microsoft packages.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and are willing to travel nationally.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into a creative working environment that offers flexibility, adopting a hybrid approach to agile working and offer a wide range of benefits including profit-share bonus, car/car allowances, life assurance, generous pension scheme, a flexi-benefits package allowing you to choose benefits that are truly valuable to you including healthcare assistance, gym membership, competitive annual leave allowances plus the opportunity to buy and sell holiday!
Interested? For applications and more information about this role and other opportunities in the Town Planning sector, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at email@example.com, or call 01792 365 104.
Apply for Infrastructure and Environmental Planner | Nationwide
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly