Senior Town Planner | Manchester
SENIOR TOWN PLANNER | MANCHESTER
My client is the UK's leading independent and integrated Planning and Design consultancy, led by 21 Partners and employing 300 employees in 13 regional offices across the UK.
My client currently has an exciting opportunity for a talented, commercially minded, and dynamic Senior Planner to join the fast paced and successful team, to work on a broad range of planning projects across the North West
Their busy and successful Manchester office is made up of 14 people specialising in Town Planning and Urban Design. The office benefits from an open plan, friendly and sociable atmosphere. The team currently service a mix of small, medium, and large development schemes, using their local knowledge and national influence to plan and deliver projects of all types and scales.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical Planning skills, will ideally be well networked and have the capability and entrepreneurial flair to help further grow the business. In return, they will join a supportive team environment with exciting career opportunities, enjoy outstanding professional development and gain exposure to an innovative and exciting multi-disciplinary environment.
- Promote large to medium scale residential, commercial, and mixed-use developments (both Brownfield and Greenfield) through the Local Development Framework and by coordinating professional teams to submit applications.
- Run applications, appeals and inquiries, as well as developments, plans and promotions.
- Co-ordinate project teams and manage projects.
- Conduct research and site appraisals on projects for our client base.
- Prepare, submit and negotiate planning applications of all sizes and types.
- Prepare planning and socio-economic statements.
- Prepare Local Plan representations and cases for development.
- Prepare policy representations.
- Develop client relationships, network and help to raise the office profile.
- Act as a mentor to junior colleagues.
- Be MRTPI qualified.
- Be committed to continuing your professional development with a willingness to learn and progress.
- Have strong planning experience, ideally with experience of Planning in the North West.
- Have experience in consultancy or a similar commercial environment.
- Be able to manage a wide and complex workload.
- Have strong project management skills.
- Be collaborative by nature.
- Have an ability to undertake quantitative and sequential assessments.
- Be committed and have an eye for detail.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be commercially minded and used to working with minimal supervision with a strong ability to use your own initiative.
- Be professional, personable, and a strong team player.
- Be able to drive and hold a valid UK driving licence.
My client has created a working environment that offers flexibility, adopting a hybrid approach to agile working and offer a wide range of benefits including profit-share bonus, car/car allowances, life assurance, generous pension scheme, a flexi-benefits package allowing you to choose benefits that are truly valuable to you including healthcare assistance, gym membership, competitive annual leave allowances plus the opportunity to buy and sell holiday!
Interested? For applications or more information about this role and others in the Town Planning sector, please send you CV to Megan Field at email@example.com, or call 01792 365 104.