Town Planner | Senior Town Planner | London
PLANNER OR SENIOR PLANNER
My client is the UK's leading independent and integrated Planning and Design consultancy, led by 25 Partners and employing over 300 employees in 13 regional offices across the UK.
Their established London Planning team has an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious experienced Planner/Senior Planner to work with some of the country's top housebuilders and developers on a broad range of projects including estate regeneration, new masterplans, large scale mixed-use schemes and small/medium sized urban applications.
The London office specialises in Planning, Masterplanning, Landscape, Graphic Design, Architecture, Development Viability, Public Consultation and Environmental services. The London Planning team is fortunate to be involved in some of the capital's largest and most important projects and has a significant role to play in helping to deliver urban projects in London and Town Centres in the South East along with some greenfield development throughout the South East!
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and technical skills, relevant Planning experience and a willingness to learn. In return, they will join a supportive team environment with exciting career opportunities, have client exposure, enjoy outstanding professional development and gain exposure to an innovative and exciting multi-disciplinary environment!
- Work as part of a team on large scale brownfield, estate and town centre regeneration projects.
- Assist with the coordination of multi-disciplinary project teams and project management.
- Assist with major applications (Outline, Full and Reserved Matters).
- Prepare, submit and negotiate small / medium sized planning applications including residential and commercial schemes, S.73/S.96 applications, discharge of conditions, Listed Building Consents and temporary permissions
- Conduct research and site appraisals on projects.
- Assist with project tenders and client presentations.
- Draft policy representations.
- Have planning experience, ideally within London.
- Have experience of working on residential and mixed-use developments.
- Have experience in preparing and submitting planning applications.
- Be MRTPI qualified or working towards it.
- Be committed to continuing your professional development with a willingness to learn and progress.
- Be collaborative by nature.
- Be commercially minded and able to take on personal responsibility.
- Be committed and have an eye for detail.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be personable and professional with high levels of motivation, ambition and drive.
- Have an ability to manage your own time and workload.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and are willing to travel nationally.
- Some consultancy experience (advantageous).
- An interest in business development and networking opportunities.
You will work within a friendly, inclusive and supportive culture and one of high support and high challenge. For the ideal candidate, my client is happy to offer a generous starting salary and an impressive benefits package!
For applications, and more information regarding this role please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at Megan.email@example.com or call 01792 365 104.