Monument are a multidisciplinary Architecture, Interior, Project Management and Build Practice based in Newcastle City Centre.
If you’re a motivated Chartered Architect looking for a new challenge, we’re looking for people to help influence our growing design & technical department. Joining our small friendly team you’d be taking a lead role working on a broad range of exciting high calibre schemes from inception through to build completion, ranging from new build residential development sites, one off builds & high end extensions, to office, bar and restaurant refurbs.
You will ideally have 3-4 years post part 3 experience, having worked within the residential sector, with experience of working on listed buildings or within a conservation setting.
Reporting to the Head of Architecture & Interiors, the Architect will be responsible for designing new buildings, alterations, extensions, or restoration projects. Working with the client to interpret their brief, ensuring their designs are functional and within budgetary restraints.
- Meeting with clients to discuss project objectives, needs, and budget
- Providing & assisting with fee bid documents
- Taking schemes from feasibility through to completion & handover.
- Preparing and presenting design proposals, including detailed drawings of finished buildings, renovations, or restorations
- Preparation & Submission of planning and building regulation packages
- Agreeing specification of materials & development of the project specification
- Working with contractors, consultants & other stakeholders to create construction schedules & tender packages.
- Monitoring Project programme, quality & budget
- Resolving pre-development & construction stage issues
- ARB Registered Architect
- 1 year + experience post Part III
- Excellent Cad skills
- Excellent design skills
- Good knowledge of UK planning & Building Regulations
- Background working on UK residential development
- Hard working and motivated individual
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to run projects
- Full Driving License & access to own vehicle
- Contract Administration experience
- Conservation Listed Building Experience
- Experience in delivering projects across all RIBA Stages
For an informal discussion in confidence contact Brendon on 07401331052, check out our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org