Planning Officer - Enforcement
Planning Officer - Enforcement
Penguin Recruitment are delighted to be supporting a London Local Authority in their search for a dymanic Planning Enfircement Officer!
The Council is the Local Planning Authority (LPA) for a well know London Borough. This post, within the planning division, reflects the need for a professional (qualified) person with skills appropriate to the discharge of this statutory function.
The postholder will operate within one of the three service teams within' the division, working to fulfill the Councils obligations as a local planning authority. Participation on regeneration, communications, consultation, and projects relating to the delivery of high-quality sustainable development may also form some part of the role.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the enhancement and improvement of the quality of the service and its outputs and to maintain their professional competence in town planning!
- Investigation of all matters in connection with alleged contraventions of the Town and Country Planning Acts and associated legislation.
- Investigation of, and preparation of correspondence, statements and evidence on the following matters:
* unauthorised development;
* non-compliance with planning permission;
* planning contravention notices, breach of condition notices, enforcement notices, and stop notices;
* applications for Certificates of Lawful Existing or Proposed Development;
* land affecting the amenity of a neighbourhood;
* breaches of the Advertisement Regulations;
* breaches of Tree Preservation Orders and related complaints, including high hedges issues;
* unauthorised works to Listed Buildings;
* planning-related licensing issues;
* any other general complaints related to planning matters.
- Liaison with Planning Officers, Building Control Officers, Community Safety Officers, Highways Officers, Planning Solicitors, Estates Officers and other officers as required.
- The undertaking of site visits and enquiries, including outside normal working hours as required.
- Attendance for presentation of evidence at planning inquiries and informal hearings related to planning appeals, and at the courts in connection with proceedings for non-compliance with relevant notices and associated requirements.
- Discussion and correspondence with Members, the public, and other Council officers and Departments on planning enforcement and related matters.
- Planning Degree or equivalent qualification / experience accredited by the RTPI or equivalent body.
- Experience in planning policy, planning enforcement or development management.
- Ability to deal professionally and courteously, and to undertake effective verbal and written communication, with elected Members. Council officers, members of the public and other interested parties.
- Knowledge of current Town and Country planning, practice, procedures and legislation, in one or more areas; within planning, enforcement, policy or development control.
- Ability to obtain, record and process information in a manner which is technically, factually and grammatically accurate.
- Ability to examine and assess information, and to present a balanced analysis of competing issues, including the making of recommendations to senior officers or the planning committee.
- Ability to prepare accurate and detailed reports and to present information, verbally and in writing, in a manner which clearly demonstrates a thorough, structured, logical, and orderly approach.
- Ability to use the council's computer databases, software packages and mobile communications to input, update and investigate records and files and to prepare reports for publication.
- Full UK driving license ideal, and physically able to undertake site visits and inspect application development sites safely.
Interested? For the ideal candidate my client is happy to offer a competitive hourly rate, an impressive benefits package as well as a flexible home working arrangement! For applications, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at email@example.com, or call 01792 365 104.