My client is a global leader in the Real Estate industry, who's Land, Development and Planning team has an immediate need to recruit an enthusiastic Planning Consultant.
My clients busy South-West team is home to a range of expert advisors working across the entire real estate market, providing strategic guidance and services to a variety of investors, developers, public sector bodies and occupiers. My clients offer advice across the office, industrial, logistic, retail, leisure, residential (BTR & PRS), student accommodation, educational and the healthcare sectors.
This diverse team are trusted advisors to both UK-based and international clients, delivering advantage and value across portfolios, strategic assets and transformational projects in both the private and public sectors. The team advise on all aspects of the development-planning lifecycle, from project inception through to local delivery, and the teams services include:
- Pre-acquisition planning due diligence.
- Post-acquisition advice on development aspirations and asset enhancement initiatives.
- The pursuit of development/redevelopment/enhancement options through the planning process.
- Ongoing construction advice, ensuring all conditions are discharged and changes approved.
- Client-led asset enhancement and protection programmes via local plan representations.
- Planning due diligence for asset disposals.
These services cover the full range of planning applications, appeals and legal challenges, representations on emerging plans, evidence-based research and insight to support proposals, and project managing sub consultants.
The purpose of the role will be to provide professional advice on a variety of client briefs, working under the direction of Associates and Partners in the team. Instructions will cover a range of areas including market and socio-economic analysis, strategic planning and development advice and site optioneering. The role will involve client contact, a varied work profile and regular liaison with colleagues in other internal teams. The focus of work will be in the South-West but with the potential for support on UK wide mandates!
- Relevant Planning Degree - either undergraduate or postgraduate - or an economic development or similar degree.
- Professionally qualified MRTPI preferred but not essential for the right candidate if some experience in property.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent IT skills including use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Rounded knowledge of property in a development context.
- High quality consultancy skills including report and proposal writing, presentations, and general communication.
- Strong written and verbal communicator, able to present ideas and recommendations to clients clearly and confidently.
- An understanding of business development and client relationship management.
- Demonstrable technical competence in areas relevant to role.
- Demonstrable understanding of market and local knowledge.
- A hard working, conscientious, organised team player.
- Ability to deal with demanding clients and deadlines.
What's on offer
- A competitive starting salary!
- An impressive benefits package!
- Company car allowance!
- Continued dedication to training and professional progress!
Interested? For applications or more info about this role and others in the Town Planning sector, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01792 365 104.