Associate Architect / Director
Due to continued expansion award-winning Acres Architects are looking to hire an Associate Architect / Director.
The position will be a head of studio / Architecture Division leader within the wider Acres Group. This role will suit a creative, spirited and ambitious Architect with experience in leading a team and delivering outstanding results.
The successful candidate will have complete autonomy to operate the practice whilst ensuring profitability within the parameters of the brand as set by the Managing Director & Shareholders.
This is an exciting role in an organisation that continues to go from strength to strength.
- UK Qualified & ARB registered Architect
- Good knowledge of East Midlands property & construction market
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrable examples / experience
- New business generation, project bidding & marketing experience
- History & experience of acting as lead consultant
- Multiple simultaneous project running experience essential
- Experience and enthusiasm for both commercial and private client scale residential projects
- Solid knowledge and understanding of UK planning policy
- Very strong comprehension and understanding of UK building regulations and British Standards.
- Experience at producing concept design, planning submission, building regulations, tender & construction level information packs as well as writing NBS specification documentation
- Excellent verbal presentation skills and confidence in client facing scenarios. Including visual presentation of production information
- Excellent REVIT and AutoCAD software knowledge and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and as an inspiring leader to the wider studio.
- Excellent time management, studio programming and monitoring skills
- Strong design talent
- Full understanding of basic MS Office software; Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point etc...
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to go the extra mile when necessary
- Fully Taxed and insured Vehicle (you will be paid mileage expenses at the national rate)
- Right to work within the UK
- Fluent English speaking
- Working full time in the office for first 12 months minimum to lead the team (No working from Home)
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
This Associate Architect / Director role is fundamentally responsible for ensuring that clients are satisfied and getting the highest possible customer service and quality of outputs expected. All this must be achieved whilst keeping a good sense of high morale and engagement from the team within the studio as well as profitable programming of the studio resources.
Daily duties will include:
- Scheduling workflow within the design studio
- Setting, monitoring & ensuring deadlines for all Architectural staff
- Reviewing time sheets and providing feedback to team members regarding their performance.
- Being the ‘go to’ person for all Architectural staff for advice on design, technical detailing, project running strategy and client issues advice
- Jumping in where necessary to lead of help produce; concept, planning, conditions sign off & reserve matters, building regs, tender construction and health and safety file packages
- Working with the Acres Group Marketing Team to continue to build the practice
- Finding, creating, submitting and successfully winning commercial scale fee bidding opportunities
- Continuing to ensure steady flow of projects and solid level of workable fees for the studio
- Entertaining and liaising with new and long-standing clients to build and maintain strong relationships
- Controlling profitability, through programming studio as well as recruiting when applicable
- You will fundamentally be able to run your own practice as you see fit.
- You will be joining one of the fastest growing and most ambitious Architects practices within the region.
- The support of the wider group of companies within the Acres Group stands Acres Architects
- We are an enthusiastic and keen to grow as a company and you would be joining just before the significant growth happens.
- You will truly be putting your own stamp on practice and have the support of the wider group of companies for mentoring and advice.
Reporting to: Managing Director / Shareholders
Example Package: Salary £45-50k DOE
Holidays 28-30 pa (Plus 1 extra day for every year loyalty up to a maximum of 6 extra days) Typical Hours 37.5 per week Mon-Friday 9-5:30 (Additional hours outside this time scale may be required sporadically to fulfil responsibilities of the role.)
Competitive pension package
Bonus profit share dependent on level of profitability generated.
If this is the role you’re looking for you we want to hear from you.
Application Deadline – 5:30pm Friday 24th September 2021
How to Apply – email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject ref: ASSOCIATE ARCHITECT / DIRECTOR POSITION
Acres Architects is made up of ambitious and highly motivated individuals working together as a team in a fast paced, results focused working environment. The ideal candidate will join our team and be capable of working under self direction to achieve the wider goals for the business and the particular assigned projects. You will be given autonomy and expected to deliver the project results at key milestones. You will be responsible for the efficiency and quality of your projects as allocated, so we are looking for someone can go above and beyond the deliverable to create technical design which is truly innovative and forward thinking.
We are first and foremost creatives who enjoy the ideation through to realisation and we want those who join us to be as passionate about the built environment as we are. Possessing a spirited and positive attitude with a winning mind set to achieve the unexpected for our clients. Using our intuition to overt risks and project issues before they are realised. The ideal candidate will be proactive and see the bigger opportunity in joining a growing and ambitious architectural practice.
CREATIVE / SPIRITED / INTUITIVE / AMBITIOUS
PLEASE FOLLOW US ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS FOR FURTHER UPDATE