We design and build homes, creating beauty and place. In understanding that Architecture is as much about People as it is about buildings, we help realise clients’ ultimate vision by involving them in the shaping of design to be forward thinking, contextually responsive, and forming their future in a responsible way.
We create single bespoke new homes and multi-residential developments; resulting in a number of new homes. Our mission is to build truly affordable homes in the South East for sale on the open market.
Paul Southouse Architects are looking for talented experienced Senior Architects to join our team in central Oxford.
You will be joining us at an exciting time in our development and, as a people centred practice, you will need to share our culture and ethos.
We are looking for someone with experience as a team leader who can also demonstrate an ability to develop junior talent within the studio.
With a strong desire to create and deliver great buildings, you will be a driven, energetic, and passionate professional with a proven track record in managing a mixture of architectural projects - on budget, on time and at a profit.
Qualifications, Accreditations, Memberships
- Essential: ARB, RIBA / RICS
- Desirable: Full UK driving licence / car owner
Knowledge and Experience
- Part 3 qualified and have at least 5 years working experience as a Project Architect for a UK based practice
- Able to confidently work through RIBA stages 0-7, demonstrating a flexible approach
- Working knowledge of delivering complex projects in Revit and / or Vector Works
- Contribute to the seamless running of all architectural projects to the highest standards
- Identify clients’ needs, putting together and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals
- Experience in managing and developing individuals and small teams
- Sound working knowledge of UK best practice standards
- Proficiency in Revit and / or Vector works
- Excellent presentation skills (visual, written & spoken) and contribution to high quality documentation
- Good time management skills and independent team worker
- Analytical skills - ability to organise and plan
- Ability to successfully interpret briefs
- Strategic thinker, confident problem solver
- Good communication skills at all levels (internal & external)
- Delegation skills
We are offering
- Annual salary dependent upon experience
- Workplace pension
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Paul Southouse Architects.
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
How to apply
If you meet the criteria above please send your CV and portfolio including a cover letter (no more than 2 pages of A4) explaining why you are the right person for this role to the Practice Manager.
We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies