ASSISTANT ARCHITECT / PROJECT MANAGER
Bourne Wood Partnership is a commercial practice providing project management, architectural and cost consultancy services from our offices based just of outside St Albans. We specialise in retail, office, logistics, commercial and residential developments.
We offer a varied, interesting and challenging work load and a friendly and supportive work place experience. Candidates are expected to work within a team environment and support his/her colleagues.
We are seeking to recruit a talented and ambitious person who is looking for an interesting career opportunity.
Experience and Role
You will have at least 4 years qualified UK experience, including new build and refurbishment projects, with a strong design approach and an eye for detail. You should have a good knowledge of construction methods.
You should have excellent communication skills and work in a team. You should be confident working directly with clients, consultants, statutory authorities and contractors. Proficient in CAD drawings (Autocad). A firm commitment to innovative design and professionalism will need to be demonstrated. You also will be required to work to budgets and deliver to deadlines. You will provide a leading role in both the design development and construction phases of projects supporting the development team with design, programmes, risk management, administration and commercial management of the building contracts. Some projects will involve interfaces with developers or tenants together with other third parties and administration of development agreements.
- Excellent communication and confidence in dealing with clients
- A good understanding of construction methods and details
- Good understanding of Building Regulations
- Good understanding of the planning system
- Experience in contract administration of building contracts
- Ability to work as a team or collaborate with colleagues and other consultants
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English language skill
- Have a full clean driving licence and have your own transport
BWP offers a competitive salary.
Please provide your CV with examples of your work. Applications via email to email@example.com, please use the subject heading ‘BWP Architect Application’.