ASSOCIATE PLANNER | PLANNING ASSOCIATE
My Client is a leading UK Independent Planning and Design Consultancy whose established and busy Planning team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and commercially minded MRTPI qualified Associate Planner to join their team!
This dynamic Planning team works on a broad range of planning projects including residential, mixed use, retail, strategic land and commercial proposals of various types and scales, including exciting regeneration and place making opportunities!
The successful candidate should have excellent communications skills, planning experience and technical knowledge as well as a capability to help further grow the business. The candidate will be expected to help with planning and delivering projects and developing both new and existing client relationships.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Promote large scale residential and mixed-use developments through the Local Development Framework and coordinating professional teams to submit applications.
- Lead on applications, appeals and inquiries, as well as developments, plans and promotions.
- Co-ordinate project teams and be responsible for project management.
- Conduct research and site appraisals on projects for our client base.
- Prepare, submit, and negotiate planning applications.
- Prepare planning and economic statements.
- Policy representations.
- Develop strategy for site promotions.
- Develop client relationships and generate work.
- MRTPI qualified.
- Have strong planning experience, including residential experience, preferably in consultancy.
- Have excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Are capable of managing a wide and complex workload.
- Are personable and a strong team player.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a car.
In return, my client is offering a competitive starting salary and impressive benefits package. You will join a supportive team with exciting career opportunities. My client encourages and rewards individual initiative and autonomy within a context of teamwork and collaboration, with genuine career opportunities based on merit. There is the potential for further progression within this role if a high level of performance and entrepreneurial drive is demonstrated.
Interested? For applications or more information about this role and others in the Town Planning sector, please email your CV to Megan Field at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 365 104.