Area Technical Sales Manager
Originating from an Architectural and proven specification Sales background a technically biased candidate is sought to join our highly successful Technical Sales Team, reporting into the Regional Manager. Candidates should possess a team orientated, pro-active and motivated approach and enjoy autonomy to manage territory and achieve new build sales in-line with sales targets. The emphasis being upon building strong relationships, ensuring reciprocal business, thus expanding client base and increasing turnover to the region. The role has a new build focus and candidates must possess strong influencing and negotiating abilities not only through Architects but via Main Contractors and Approved Roofing Contractors.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Professional, friendly and resourceful approach with outgoing personality and strength of character
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate to drive results
- Proven track record in technically focussed specification sales, business development and account management within the building envelope
- Proven commercial awareness
- Management of customer relationships and strong networking abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - written, verbal and listening.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation, internally and externally.
- Proven negotiator
- Strong team player
- Positive, proactive mindset
- Approachable, engaging and outgoing personality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
Outline of Responsibilities/duties:
- This project orientated role requires the candidate to be well versed in selling via the sales specification route
- Oversee project procurement from outset to conclusion with a strong tracking and project management emphasis
- Specification sales to specifiers whether architects, surveyors, local authorities, building owners or main and approved contractors
- Production of specifications, inspection reports, surveys and guarantees - tracking and progressing accordingly
- Responding to administrative requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Utilising Company database to glean information
- Prepare and deliver CPD seminars / presentations
- Liaison with the Marketing Department / external telesales and internal teams
- Liaison with the Technical Department – Technicians and Administrators to resolve technical queries and progression of detail drawings.