Professional Standards Manager
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £31,000 - £36,000 per annum
Location: Initially working remotely with return to London office in due course
Hours: 35 hours per week, fixed term contract, 12 months duration
This is an important role in the RIBA’s Professional Standards team, managing the day-to-day delivery of the RIBA’s professional conduct function and dispute resolution services.
- Managing complaints under the RIBA Code of Conduct and Code of Practice in relation to RIBA members and Chartered Practices, running casework efficiently in accordance with the RIBA Disciplinary Procedures.
- Supporting professional conduct appraisals and hearings, including preparing correspondence and documentation, dealing with enquiries, arranging meetings and writing reports.
- Managing and liaising with the pool of professional conduct panel members.
- Processing dispute resolution enquiries and managing the RIBA Dispute Resolution Service on a day-to-day basis to provide a high quality service.
- Supporting the regular review of membership of the RIBA professional conduct and dispute resolution panels to maintain and enhance service standards.
The successful candidate will need to have professional experience working in a legal or para-legal role, or in a regulatory environment on casework. They should have the ability to produce high quality documents, reports, and meeting notes with accuracy and attention to detail, and be able to work to deadlines and defined timescales. The role requires the evaluation of complex information and excellent communication skills with an ability to act with confidence and diplomacy in dealing with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. Experience of working in a membership organisation or regulatory body would be desirable along with an interest in architects’ professional services.
The RIBA offers employees a range of staff benefits including 26.5 days of annual leave + half-day for Christmas shopping, paid closure between Christmas & New Year, season ticket loan and generous pension scheme. For more details on our benefits click here
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter using the form below (for this position, “Work Examples” are not required so please submit your CV or covering letter again in this field). Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application
Please read job description: Professional Standards Manager (via the link below)
Closing date: Sunday 1 August 2021
Interview date: TBC (approx. 1 - 2 weeks after closing date)
The RIBA is a progressive employer, committed to developing a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566