- Creates construction documents (CDs). Review CDs to ensure compliance with firm standards, mechanical, building systems, codes and ADA requirements. For smaller projects may oversee all CD production and review. Coordinates with senior technical staff and design staff to provide technical solutions for design dilemmas.
- Manages project through contract administration phase.
- Coordinates engineering consultant’s work to ensure compliance with design solution and timely submission of documents.
- In unusual circumstances may be required to assist with support for field surveys.
- Manages contract administration budget for assigned projects. Ensures adherence to set budget and immediately informs Senior Job Captain, Senior Project Architect, Project Manager and / or client of any potential variances to the budget.
- May mentor the work of Junior and Intermediate Designers. Oversee tasks and provide feedback on work product.
Conducts client interviews to determine technical requirements for the design.
Graduate of architecture or design school. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
5+ years’ work experience on corporate interior design projects.
Design / Technical Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of design principles and standards.
- Intermediate documentation and field observational skills.
- Advanced interior architecture detailing skills.
- Working knowledge of CDs and procedures.
- Working knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Working knowledge of space requirements.
- Working knowledge of contract administration.
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills.
- Advanced Revit skills.
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate presentation and graphic communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead junior staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise.