About the Role
Qualified Part 3 Architect / Technologist with at least 5 years’ post-part 3 experience of all stages of the design process, capable of taking day-to-day responsibility for at least three major projects. The Associate will operate within a team structure and report directly to an Associate Director (AD) or Director. Associates must be capable of developing design proposals to high standards of quality and delivering projects on time and within budget and guiding others to achieve the same. The Associate will be expected to provide appropriate Line Management to staff as required by the Director / AD.
- Attend regular Meetings to report on Team Performance or other specific delegated matters
- Support the relevant Director / AD to agree and achieve annual Team Objectives which align with overall Business Objectives
- Prepare all necessary information in accordance with the brief and budget and support wider team, i.e.: Project Architects to achieve same
- Support the relevant Director / AD in the coordination of the internal design team
- Line Management of staff where necessary
- Take responsibility, where required by the business, for specific areas of the business, i.e.: Sustainability; BIM; etc
- Liaise, where appropriate, with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
- Seek, and record evidence of, continuing professional development (CPD) and an annual Personal Development Plan (PDP) in accordance with the requirements of the RIBA / RIAS
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with ECD procedures and standards
- Accurately record time spent on projects and work with Project Director to ensure this remains within agreed budget and timescale
Qualities & skills required:
- 5+ years post part 3 qualification experience in Architecture (ideally in a UK practice)
- Knowledge of Revit essential
- Ability to deliver all aspects of a project, both independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated and can manage workload of self and other team members
- Confidence managing both clients and projects
- Outstanding attention to detail and design
- Ability to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Ability to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of the design project
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Demonstrate behaviours which reflect a full understanding and commitment to the company
- Ability to assist with the management of team resources and financial objectives
- Understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- Experience working in BIM
- Ability to use the following: Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the Company may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this, and adapt a flexible approach to work.
Please email your CV, portfolio and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the role for which you are applying within the subject line of your email.
Remuneration is dependent on experience. Applicants must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK.
ECD is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the high volume of applications only invitation to interview will be sent.
No agencies need apply.
Apply for Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly