Head of Planning - Planning Manager
HEAD OF PLANNING - TOWN PLANNING MANAGER
Penguin recruitment are delighted to present an exciting opportunity for a talented Town Planning Manager to join an award-winning public-sector organisation that offers innovative solutions in Power and Waste to private landowners and public sector organisations! The team is made of 15 talented consultants who cover planning, development, project management, procurement, waste, and engineering.
In the role you will be managing a small team of planners in the completion of site feasibility works, managing all planning requirement for live projects, and advising the company on Planning issues and requirements.
This role will also be required to take a strategic overview to use planning to inform future renewable energy projects! This may include identifying areas across the UK which have a positive planning approach to renewable energy projects to master planning key projects such as heat networks.
- To manage a planning team to ensure the successful delivery of the company's sustainable energy projects portfolio.
- To undertake early site feasibility assessments of potential projects from a planning perspective to input into the Business Development Pipeline.
- To undertake detailed site assessments to establish renewable development potential to include site inspections, detailed examination of planning histories, policy analysis and interpretation and consideration of material considerations.
- To undertake pre-application discussions with LPAs, and where relevant manage pre- application assessments.
- To manage the timely submission of planning applications and supporting statements.
- To manage all planning requirements for live renewable energy projects.
- To manage all consenting requirements.
- To co-ordinate the preparation and submission of Environmental Impact Assessments to support planning applications, including managing specialist consultancy input into the environmental statement.
- To manage all aspects of consultation including early consultation with the public and Councillors, co-ordinating and attending public consultation meetings about planning issues.
- To undertake planning requirements for other local authorities and clients through the PPS consultancy service.
- To undertake a wider review of planning in relation to renewable energy across the UK to help inform the business development strategy and target areas for development.
- To work across both Power and Waste on key projects which require a planning input.
- To provide advice and guidance to the company in relation to planning.
- To work with the procurement manager to appoint any required planning specialisms required for specific projects.
- To manage budgets and spend and flag any potential overspend.
- To work with the Head of Development and Head of Asset Management on the delivery of renewable energy projects.
- Relevant experience in a senior planning role.
- Membership (or eligibility) for the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Qualified at Degree Level or equivalent in Planning.
- Keen to progress and be involved in new and innovative projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders from a wide range of organisations, disciplines and bodies.
- The ability to engage positively with local communities.
- A commercially focussed approach and understanding of company objectives.
- Excellent project management and research skills.
- Hearing/Inquiry experience.
- Wider renewable energy project experience.
- Experience within, or working with, public sector organisations.
- Experience of managing the planning process for renewable energy projects.
For the ideal candidate, my client is happy to offer a competitive starting salary, impressive benefits package, continued training and support, a commitment to professional development and the opportunity for progression within a friendly and close-knit team!
For applications and more information regarding this role and others in the Town Planning sector, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at email@example.com, or call 01792 365 104.
Apply for Head of Planning - Planning Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly