Senior Town Planner
SENIOR TOWN PLANNER
An exciting opportunity has presented itself for an ambitious Senior Town Planner to join a talented multi-disciplinary team in the South-West! My client is an award-winning public-sector organisation that offers innovative solutions in Power and Waste to local authorities.
My client works with private landowners and public sector organisations throughout the UK to deliver renewable energy projects and waste solutions that support the environment. The team is made of 15 talented consultants who cover planning, development, project management, procurement, waste, and engineering.
As a Senior Town Planner, you will assist the team in the completion of site feasibility works and managing planning requirement for live projects including planning applications, consenting, public consultation, liaising with clients and regulatory bodies.
Duties of the role
- To undertake detailed site assessments to establish renewable development potential to include site inspections, detailed examination of planning histories, policy analysis and interpretation and consideration of material considerations.
- To lead on pre-application discussions with LPAs, and where relevant manage pre- application assessments.
- To manage the timely submission of planning applications and supporting statements.
- Where appropriate, to co-ordinate the preparation and submission of Environmental Impact Assessments to support planning applications, including managing specialist consultancy input into the environmental statement.
- To manage all aspects of consultation including early consultation with the public and Councillors, co-ordinating and attending public consultation meetings about planning issues.
- To work with the procurement manager to appoint any required planning specialisms required for specific projects.
- To liaise with team members and wider professionals involved in the planning process, such as lawyers and engineers.
- To keep abreast of legislation, regulations and government guidance, and input into the business planning process where appropriate.
- Where necessary, to provide planning advice in respect of other areas of the business (waste, heat, and wider energy developments).
- 3+ years' experience in a planning role.
- Membership (or eligibility) for the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Relevant undergraduate and post graduate qualifications.
- Experience of managing the planning process for renewable energy projects desirable.
- The ability to negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders from a wide range of organisations, disciplines, and bodies.
- The ability to engage positively with local communities.
- A commercially focussed approach and understanding of company objectives.
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team.
For the ideal candidate, my client is happy to offer a competitive starting salary, impressive benefits package, continued training, a commitment to professional development and the opportunity for progression within a friendly and close-knit team!
For applications and more information regarding this role and others in the Town Planning sector, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at email@example.com, or call 01792 365 104.
Apply for Senior Town Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly