Senior Town Planner
Senior Town Planner
Salary negotiable depending on experience, + benefits!
Are you a Senior Town Planner who is currently seeking an opportunity which will allow you to progress quickly through exposure to interesting and diverse projects? My client is a growing Town Planning Consultancy who work primarily with residential home builders, care providers and strategic landowners, and are currently seeking applications from talented Senior Town Planners!
My client is seeking applications from candidates who posess a Masters degree or equivalent accolade in a Town Planning related field of study, who are a Chartered member of the MRTPI, and have previous experience in a private sector role.
The work involved in this position will cover a broad range of projects, and will include:
- Undertaking planning due diligence on behalf of clients at the site acquisition stage.
- Reviewing draft Local Plan documents and preparing representations to Local Plan consultations.
- Preparing pre-application submissions, liaising with technical consultants and architects, preparing pre-application statements, and arranging meetings with Council.
- Preparing planning applications, including providing the client with initial advice on which technical consultants are required and coordinating teams throughout the application process, reviewing technical documents, preparing planning statements and coordinating the submission of planning applications.
- Negotiating planning applications through to decision once they have been submitted, including preparing responses to neighbours and consultee comments, advising on necessary amendments, and liaising with the planning officer.
- Undertaking public and political engagement as part of a pre-application or planning application process, including organising public consultation events, attending Parish Council meetings, attending meetings with local councillors, and attending planning committee.
- Coordinating planning appeals, including drafting appeal statements, submitting appeals to the Planning Inspectorate and being the main point of contact with the Planning Inspectorate throughout the appeal process.
INTERESTED? For the successful candidate, my client is happy to offer a competitive starting salary, an impressive benefits package and career progression opportunities! Through this role you will be provided excellent networking and learning opportunities that will further your professional development!
For applications, and more information regarding this role and other Town Planning roles, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at email@example.com, or call 01792 365 104.
Apply for Senior Town Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly