Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £35,000 - £39,000 per annum depending on experience
Location: Initially working remotely with return to London office in due course
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week, fixed-term contract for 12 months
The Validation Manager works as a key member of the RIBA Education Team to provide strategic direction, management and specialist guidance on the monitoring of academic standards through our peer review system of visiting boards to schools of architecture throughout the UK and internationally.
This role encompasses:
- Delivering RIBA validation of courses of architecture at UK and international schools of architecture in accordance with RIBA validation procedures.
- Managing and delivering visiting boards to schools of architecture working with the RIBA validation panel.
- Coordinating the programming of visiting boards.
- Completing visiting board reports working with board chairs and members.
- Working with the RIBA Education Committee to ratify visiting board reports.
- Supporting the RIBA New Courses Group in providing specialist advice to heads of schools of architecture and senior academics.
- Manage validation budgets.
The post holder should be:
- Experienced in higher education, a professional or statutory body, architectural practice or relevant commercial organisation, and ideally familiar with higher education issues and procedures.
- Experienced in writing reports and taking minutes, making use of excellent written English, especially in collating and writing reports to demanding deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate a good first-hand understanding of architectural education in the UK, Europe, and overseas.
- Willing to regularly travel in the UK and internationally and work outside normal office hours.
- Confident in engaging with stakeholders at meetings, seminars, conferences and training sessions, and able to act as an ambassador for the RIBA’s education services.
The Validation Manager manages visiting boards with a high degree of autonomy, and must be able to make considered judgements in consultation with others in complex and unpredictable circumstances.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter using the form below (for this position, “Work Examples” are not required so please submit your CV or covering letter again in this field). Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application
Please read job description: Validation Manager (via the link below)
Closing date: Sunday 25 July 2021
Interview date: TBC
The RIBA is a progressive employer, committed to developing a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566