Senior Urban Designer/Architect
If you can add and create joy in everything you do, we want you!
Haulfryn family has a fantastic opportunity for a full time Senior Urban Designer/Architect to join our Property Team.
As a Senior Urban Designer/Architect, you will design new development layout plans, accommodation and facilities for Haulfryn’s sites as well as project manage planning and architectural consultants through development projects.
We are one of the UK’s largest owners of 5-star luxury holiday and residential parks set in special and beautiful locations. For over 85 years we have been creating joyful moments for thousands of residents, owners and guests. It is our personal purpose to ensure that our family exists to bring joy to yours.
Why Join Us
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 30 days holiday (including Bank Holiday allowance) increasing up to 35 days with service (pro rata for part-time)
- Company Sick Pay
- One Day Paid Volunteering Day
- Massively discounted holidays at any of our UK holiday parks
- Free Leisure Club Membership
- 25% off food and drink, leisure activities and spa treatments at qualifying park outlets
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance/Life Cover
- Online, high street and leisure discounts
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Test Vouchers for VDU users
- Team Member of the Month reward
- Refer a Friend Reward
- Training and Development Opportunities
What Will You Do
- To produce the concept and development designs for a number of new projects including: new facility building(s), a pre fab hotel, larger green field development sites, new leisure and pool facilities building(s), moorings/ marina concept design and other resort urban design aspects as they arise.
- To manage the above projects teams including consultants and communication with the internal ops team. PM some projects on site being the central point of communication ensuring projects are delivered to design, on standard and in line with company strategy and timeframes. The architectural consultant will act as the Authorised Person.
- To work with a small internal design and planning team as well as with marketing, operations and finance teams. Working on development feasibility studies with internal teams.
What Will You Bring
- Qualified RIBA architect part 3 OR equivalent engineering/ urban design degree background
- Knowledge of UK building standards and town planning process
- Knowledge of the UK tourism market a bonus
- Knowledge of the caravan/ lodge industry and build standards a bonus
- Knowledge of the development sign off procedures in line with Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of how to manage consultants liabilities during design and build.
- Excellent 2D AUTO CAD & 3D in AUTO CAD or Sketchup. Proficient in Adobe suite & Microsoft packages including excellent skills in excel so as to work on development feasibility studies.
- Ability to make concept and development 2D & 3D drawing packages self lead
- Ability to create 3D visualizations of projects
- Ability to engage with finance team on project feasibility studies (finance/ planning permission/ product and build lead times)
- Minimum 10 years experience of urban design projects
- Experience designing urban environments, resort or leisure design is a bonus
- Experience and ability to create high quality holiday and residential urban environments supported by research, concept creation and drawing package development.
- Experience developing a development program from concept to delivery as well as timeframe
- Experience managing a real estate portfolio a bonus (land and building management)
- Experience managing a design team from concept to on site delivery
- Experience managing and checking planning as well as architectural consultants work
- Experience managing planning applications with associated reports with relation to large scale urban/ leisure projects
- Experience working with a Health & Safety Risk Assessment team on site and communicating the design & build procedures
- Experience engaging with ecologists and with tree/ forestry management plans/ specialists. (As many of our sites are in AONB/ TPO/ SSSI etc
- Full clean driver's license and has own transportation
Who We Are
We are a family-owned business who started with a single holiday park in Abersoch, North Wales. 85 years later, we now have over 20 parks in some of the most stunning locations from the exclusive Warren in Abersoch to our family holiday and golf resort Praa Sands on the tip of Cornwall.
We believe what differentiates us from other parks are our:
- Family values and a real community feel
- Really special, beautiful locations
- Reliable, trustworthy, tactful and able to maintain confidentiality Warm and friendly team that make it feel like home
- How we nurture the nature around us
We would like you to be part of our family and look forward to receiving your application.
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.