Assistant Planner or Town Planner | St Neots
3 days left
- Full Time
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting an independent practice of chartered surveyors and business consultants on the hire of a Town Planner at Assistant or Planner level.
In this role, you will typically work on projects in the Residential, Commercial and Education sectors but also complete projects such as barn conversions, listed building renovations & extension, new build commercial projects and a host of other specialist planning and master-planning projects.
Applicants must be detail oriented and accurate team players, with excellent written, communication and presentation skills and must be able to thrive under pressure.
The key duties for this role will include:
- Preparing planning appraisals of land, buildings and concepts.
- Undertaking research and analysis.
- Preparing pre application enquiries, planning applications and appeals.
- Contributing to the preparation/editing of Design & Access statements, sustainability statements, and other supporting documents.
- Liaising and negotiating with planning officers, employees of consultee organisations, third parties.
- Liaising and cultivating good relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
- Preparing/making presentations at meetings, including Parish Council and Planning Committee.
- Assisting in drawing up, presenting, and negotiating competitive fee proposals.
- Assisting in developing creative and original solutions to satisfy all parties.
- Writing complex reports, interpreting data and making clear and relevant recommendations.
- Ensuring compliance with planning regulations.
- Communicating and negotiating effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Taking responsibility for projects from the earliest stages through to completion.
- Maintaining an awareness of market conditions and the impact of government policies.
- Keeping informed about documents relating to planning policy and practice.
The successful applicant must have completed an MRTPI accredited course and be working towards becoming a Chartered Town Planner (MRTPI). Detailed knowledge of the UK Town Planning system is essential, as is holding a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle. Assistant Planners should hold 1-2 years of planning experience that can come from the public or private sector. Town Planners should hold 2-4 years experience, also from either the public or private sector.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity for career progression. The company are offering a flexible working policy with roughly 3 days in the office and 2 days home working.
The Director leading this recruitment is is keen to meet with interested Planners ASAP so to register your interest please click 'apply'.
For more information on this role or other vacancies in the region please contact me on 01792 365 101 or email@example.com
Apply for Assistant Planner or Town Planner | St Neots
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly