6 days left
- Full Time
About the Role
Qualified Part 3 Architect with experience of all stages of the design process, capable of taking day-to-day responsibility for at least one major project. Project Architects (PA) will operate within a team structure and report directly to an Associate or Associate Director. PA’s must be capable of developing design proposals to high standards of quality and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Prepare, and develop where required, drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design as per the brief in line with agreed timescales.
- Assist where required in the coordination of the internal design team
- Take responsibility, where required by the project leader, for specific areas of the design and project development.
- Liaise, where appropriate, with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
- Seek, and record evidence of, continuing professional development (CPD) and an annual Personal Development Plan (PDP) in accordance with the requirements of the RIBA / RIAS
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with ECD procedures and standards
- Accurately record time spent on projects and work with Project Director to ensure this remains within agreed budget and timescale.
Qualities & skills required
- Part 3 qualified architect with experience of working in architectural practice (ideally in UK)
- Knowledge of Revit preferable but not essential
- Ability to deliver all aspects of a project, both independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated and can manage own workload
- Confidence managing both clients and projects
- Outstanding attention to detail and design
- Ability to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Ability to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- Ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of the design project
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Understanding of the architect’s role in the coordination and integration of project information and management
- Ability to assist with the management of junior assistants on the team
- Understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
- Experience working in BIM
- Ability to use the following: Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the Company may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this, and adapt a flexible approach to work.
This is a flexible/hybrid working role for which at least one day a week would be in the office; other work days could be undertaken from home.
Please email your CV, portfolio and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the role for which you are applying within the subject line of your email.
Remuneration is dependent on experience. Applicants must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK. ECD is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the high volume of applications only invitation to interview will be sent.
No agencies need apply.
Apply for Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly