Architect or Technician (Education sector)
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Due to an increasing workload and recent commissions across the FE, HE and schools sectors, IBI Group is expanding our Education team (IBI Learning+). We are seeking a highly motivated person with proven experience in the education sector. You will operate within the broader Buildings Workstream which includes other sectors such as Healthcare, Commercial, and Housing and there is significant opportunity for you enjoy the crossover between these areas as well as other business streams in Systems and Infrastructure.
This challenge will give you the opportunity to focus on a range of projects for a growing and diverse client base. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative and inclusive team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence who work across several sectors including Health, Science and Education.
You’ll be an integral part of our team, designing and delivering high quality architectural solutions across a range of large and small projects. In the first instance, you will be joining the team to deliver phase one of a new college building. You will need to be experienced in contractor facing and be able to attend site meetings.
In the UK, IBI Group’s experience extends across all education strands, including early years, primary schools, secondary schools, further education, higher education and SEND, as well as specialist science, educationally led developments and social and mental health facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in all aspects of projects from early design and planning to construction
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with other disciplines
- Lead elements of large / complex projects or small projects independently, working with / without a team
- Manage client relationships and team communication (including project teams and budgets)
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Maintain the project documentation, drawings and specifications
- Interface with statutory authorities during the design and construction phases of the project
- Contribute to the business development activities of the Studio and office
- Support in the preparation of proposals, submissions and presentations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified architect or architectural technologist with proven expertise in delivering projects on site
- Attributes include ability to proactively engage with clients, contractors and design team members
- Expertise required includes deep knowledge of the various technical guidance including Building Regulations, DfE design standards and best practice
- Experience of working as part of a team and day to day leadership for smaller projects
- A working knowledge of Revit and BIM experience
- Strong graphical and verbal communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.