Town Planning Officer
Job Title: Town Planning Officer - 3 Month Contract
Salary: £20-£35p/h + Benefits!
My client is a London based Local Authority, who is currently seeking applications from talented Town Planning Officers! They are currently offering this opportunity on a 3-month contract.
In this role, the successful candidate will work across regeneration, communications, consultation, and projects relating to the delivery of high-quality sustainable development. The postholder will operate within a team dealing wither with planning policy, planning enforcement or development control. Movement between teams as part of an agreed personal development programme may also be possible!
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Processing of planning applications.
- The provision of general planning advice.
- The processing of planning appeals.
- Development of planning policy and associated documents.
- Investigation of breaches and recommendations in the respect of planning control.
- Continuing professional development in Town Planning.
- Mentoring/guidance of more junior team members.
Necessary qualifications and experience:
- Planning degree or equivalent qualification accredited by the RTPI.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of current Town and Country planning, practice, procedures, and legislation.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as from own initiative.
Interested? For the ideal candidate my client is happy to offer a competitive hourly rate, an impressive benefits package as well as a flexible home working arrangement! For applications, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01792 365 104.