Town Planner (6-Month Contract)
Job Title: Town Planner (6-month contract).
Salary: Grade 4 c£25,099 - £29,987, negotiable depending on experience, + benefits!
An exciting opportunity has presented itself for a talented Town Planner to join a forward-thinking Local Authority on a 6-month contract. The successful candidate will join the friendly and dynamic Planning Team located in Cambridgeshire and will assist the busy team in the full Planning Process!
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Must have at least two years' experience in development management including managing a caseload of householder and minor planning applications, dealing with pre-applications, and providing planning advice to members of the public.
- A Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in a Planning related field of study.
- Good communications skills; both written and oral.
- Good customer service skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of planning legislation.
- Well organised and able to prioritise work on a day by day basis.
- Good inter-personal and negotiation skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to carry out site visits.
Previous experience of working in a planning development management context as part of a team is beneficial, as well as experience of carrying a large caseload of householder and minor planning applications and dealing with pre-application enquiries and providing advice to the public. Experience of working with local and national planning policies, and experience of dealing with a range of customers including residents, parish councils, members, other Council services would be extremely useful.
Interested? For the ideal candidate, my client is happy to offer a competitive salary as well as an impressive benefits package. The candidate will have the option of flexible home working, as well as the opportunity to join a dynamic and friendly planning team!
For applications, or more information regarding this role and similar roles in the Town Planning sector, please send your CV to Megan Field at Megan.firstname.lastname@example.org.