Part 2 / Part 3 Architect - Central London
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, talented and personable Part 2 / Part 3 Architect to join our team. KB Architects is an award winning RIBA chartered practice with experience in variety of sectors such as health care, health-sciences, commercial and residential sectors .
We structure our team to manage projects of all scale and complexity from £100k to £30m. Our Architects are highly skilled with a wealth of experience to draw upon from all stages of inception to delivery.
We provide number of services to our clients including, Architectural Design, Interior Design, Project Management and BIM Consultancy. We communicate our vision and ideas through CGI renderings, 3D model printing and graphically elegant 3D illustrations.
Our offices are currently based in Islington, between Angel and Old Street, however this pandemic has taught us all that we no longer need to work at a fixed desk at a fixed time, thanks to the latest technologies available and ways of working, we are big advocates of flexible working with regular team meet ups to encourage and maintain a collaborative approach amongst the team.
As an architect your core responsibilities will include:
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings in Revit (Autodesk) – this skill is very important to us as we deliver most of our projects in BIM
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists – From inception to delivery stages
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Specifying the requirements for the project
- Construction detailed drawings – Preparing Tender packages
- adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
- Playing a part in project and team management
- Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings
Architect will possess the following skills:
- Good communicator and presentation skills
- Friendly and sociable with client management skills
- Keen to learn and career development
- Team player – strong team bond and relationships is key
- Good understanding of social media – LinkedIn and Instagram
The successful Architect will be working closely with the practice Creative Director, Kimia Benam. They will initially be working on high end Healthcare and Commercial fit-out projects in the UK, liaising with the wider design teams, the clients and the contractors on site. If you are interested in this position, please submit a covering letter in addition to your CV and portfolio detailing your specific experience (maximum 10 pages and 5 MB), and telling us why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this role.