Planner or Senior Planner | London
Penguin Recruitment is pleased to be supporting a large and leading Planning & Design Consultancy on the hire of a Planner or Senior Planner for their busy and successful office in London.
Join a friendly and sociable team, located in the heart of Soho and work with the country's top housebuilders and developers on a broad range of projects including estate regeneration, new masterplans, large scale mixed-use schemes and small/medium sized urban applications.
The London Planning team is fortunate to be involved in some of the capital's largest and most important projects and has a significant role to play in helping to deliver urban projects in London and Town Centres in the South East along with some greenfield development throughout the South East.
Typical duties/responsibilities includes:
- Work as part of a team on large scale brownfield, estate and town centre regeneration projects
- Assist with the coordination of multi-disciplinary project teams and project management
- Assist with major applications (Outline, Full and Reserved Matters)
- Prepare, submit and negotiate small / medium sized planning applications including residential and commercial schemes, S.73/S.96 applications, discharge of conditions, Listed Building Consents and temporary permissions
- Conduct research and site appraisals on projects
- Assist with project tenders and client presentations
- Draft policy representations
In order to apply you should hold/demonstrate;
- Have planning experience, ideally within London
- Have experience of working on residential and mixed-use developments
- Have experience in preparing and submitting planning applications
- Be MRTPI qualified or working towards it
- Be committed to continuing your professional development with a willingness to learn and progress
- Be collaborative by nature
- Be commercially minded and able to take on personal responsibility
- Be committed and have an eye for detail
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be personable and professional with high levels of motivation, ambition and drive
- Have an ability to manage your own time and workload
- Hold a full UK driving licence and are willing to travel nationally
- Some consultancy experience (advantageous); and
- An interest in business development and networking opportunities.
In return, you will join a supportive team environment with exciting career opportunities, have client exposure, enjoy outstanding professional development and gain exposure to an innovative and exciting multi-disciplinary environment.
My client offer a competitive starting salary with a genuine leading benefits package. You would join a recognised leader in the Planning & Design sector with the ability to work on a varied project portfolio.
The Partner would like to meet with experienced Planners immediately so please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For more information on this role or other Reading vacancies please contact me on 01792 341 104 or email@example.com