Part 2 / Part 3 Architect
Waldo Works Studio is a London based international creative practice established in 2000, founded with the intent of producing exceptional architecture and interiors, working across different project sizes and typologies. Our diverse portfolio of built work spans the USA, Europe, UK and Asia.
Waldo Works Studio is looking for a talented technically minded architect with a proven track record in the delivery of high-end hospitality and residential projects. The successful applicant will must be comfortable working through the RIBA stages, with a particular focus on the delivery of technical design packages and coordinating with a wider project team, including consultants and contractors in the UK and abroad.
Requirements for the role:
- technical detailing and specifying for hospitality spaces.
- management and coordination of drawings and specifications.
- working with and coordinating a wider team, including consultants and specialist designers.
- producing detailed construction drawings for bespoke internal joinery
- A high degree of proficiency in CAD, preferably VectorWorks
- Strong visual communication skills, preferably with free hand sketches
- Eloquence in both written and spoken English, with any knowledge of German being a significant bonus.
You should have at least 5 years UK/European experience across all stages of design and construction. You will have excellent organisational skills, a strong attention to detail and have a pro-active and positive disposition. You will be good at relationship building with the ability to liaise at all levels. You will need to be a practical and strategic thinker who is self-motivated and can work autonomously.
The position is full-time, and we will provide a competitive salary based on skills and experience. We are currently operating a 3 day a week in office working practice, with some flexibility on working hours.
About your Portfolio
We want to see portfolios that include:
- hospitality experience including restaurant, bar and hotels at all scales.
- High end residential experience
- experience of all RIBA work stages
- proficiency in detailing abilities, including bespoke joinery
Please email a CV and short portfolio (no more than 10MB) along with a cover letter/email detailing your current salary, expected salary and notice period to:
No agencies please.