We are looking for an ambitious job running architect to join our team of conservation architects and designers based in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire and are offering a salary of £35,000-42,000 subject to experience.
You will be working as part of a team of talented architects and designers working predominantly on historic and listed buildings including alterations, extensions, restoration work and repairs.
Located in the picturesque town of Chipping Norton we work across a wide range of projects from country houses, cultural projects, places of worship and repairs.
This is an ideal opportunity to progress your career within a RIBA chartered practice to develop skills in conservation and care of historic buildings. We will support your development through a structured personal development plan, encouraging a wide range of CPD
Your primary duties will include:
- Confidently running projects from feasibility, planning and listed building consent, developing construction information and acting as contract administrator on site.
- Developing bespoke designs to alterations to historic houses that respond to our clients brief.
- Managing and delivering projects to time and budget.
Our benefits include:
- Professional subscriptions
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Nest Pension Scheme (5% employee/3% employer contribution)
- Flexible working (subject to experience)
We are looking for an ARB registered architect with the following skills:
- A proficient user of AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Sketchup and 3d Modelling
- The ability to work proactively in a small team, with demonstrable experience of taking the initiative in roles where difficult decisions were required.
- Proven site-based job running experience.
- Excellent presentation skills with confidence in explaining concepts and ideas to clients.
- Carry out sensitive design work to historic buildings and contemporary alterations
- Skills and knowledge of listed building consent and planning legislation
- Excellent written and aural communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills, with demonstrable experience of managing their own time.
- Have a full, clean driving licence and your own transport
- Previous experience of working as an architect in the UK with essential knowledge of British building regulations, materials and technologies
- Willingness to travel to sites across the country, occasionally staying away in hotels overnight.
- Experience of running complex projects with multidisciplinary design teams.
- Experience of delivering and managing client expectations.
- Excellent construction knowledge and the ability to confidently develop and coordinate working drawing packages.
- Demonstrable experience of managing project finances and resourcing.
- Conservation experience.
- Preparing bids and fee proposals.
If you’re interested in applying for a position please feel free to call for an informal chat with James, in the first instance, or submit a covering letter in addition to your cv/ small portfolio detailing your specific experience, and telling us why you are the best candidate for the role. firstname.lastname@example.org