Part 2/3 Architectural Assistant with BIM experience
BIM Part 2/3 Job Opportunity
Freehaus is looking for an exceptional candidate with strong BIM experience to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and qualified Part II or recently qualified Part III with an ambition to play a key role in project design outputs and the development of our studio’s BIM Level 2 capabilities in collaboration with our IT providers and our senior management team. The ideal candidate will have a solid working knowledge of Revit 2021.
The new team member will complement our talented practice of architects and designers, they will need to be a good communicator and be able to work collaboratively and deliver rigorously. Because we are a small practice we will often work on several projects concurrently, at different scales and RIBA stages. Adaptability, flexibility and self-motivation are therefore essential qualities to have.
Whilst the role is envisaged to be a full time role, we are open to exploring part-time roles and allowing for flexibility.
Currently, our studio is delivering: a series of exciting educational projects including the City of London College co-authored by Morris + Company, The Clement James learning centre, a new headquarters for The Africa Centre in Southwark, the refurbishment of 639 Tottenham High Road for the social enterprise The Trampery, a youth centre in Wood Green, and an Innovation Hub in Havering. The successful candidate will initially join our City of London College team to deliver phases 2, 3 and 4 of the schools masterplan facilities in the heart of the City.
The position requires the following essential experience:
- Experienced Part II or Part III ARB qualified Architect
- A solid knowledge of Revit including but not limited to Revit modelling, model management and content creation experience.
- A proficient understanding of BIM standards and processes.
- Have worked on large scale projects from RIBA stage 3-4 onwards.
- Have worked in a similar role at a design-led architecture practice.
- A good understanding in construction details and building regulation compliance,
- The ability to contribute to, and lead design packages.
- The ability to author reports and other written documents.
Additional preferred experience:
- Ideally have some knowledge of Dynamo or other visual programming languages
- Have experience of working with, and presenting to, multiple stakeholder clients.
- Have Photoshop Indesign and Illustrator proficiency.
Freehaus is an equal opportunity employer and so we actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Salary commensurate with experience.
Freehaus and our team members are committed to diversity amongst our workforce. Our studio is built on mutual respect, united in a shared passion for design that makes a difference to everyday lives. We aspire to a workplace that is inclusive, and an environment in which each employee feels able to give their best.
Please send your CV with two named referees, a short statement of interest, your salary expectations, along with examples of your work to email@example.com. Please only include your work samples as a pdf (less than 10MB) with no links to external websites.
Early applications will be welcome. We would be looking for the successful candidate to start at the earliest opportunity.