Design Emporium specialises in the refurbishment, renovation, extension and build of private residential properties. The practice offers a true end to end service for private clients, and currently one of only a few Northern practices to be a Chartered Architectural Practice and Member of the British Institute of Design.
We are seeking a Part 2 Architectural Assistant, Architect or Architectural Technician/Technologist to strengthen and assist our current architectural and interior teams.
You will need to be driven with the ability to demonstrate your own design aspirations whilst having a good understanding of construction techniques. Ideally you will have significant experience implementing residential projects and/or interior fit outs.
- Undertake detailed measured surveys, preparing existing 2D and 3D drawings
- Prepare initial feasibility and conceptual schemes
- Submission of statutory applications
- You will be expected to work alongside our current design team to prepare detailed technical and construction drawings for all aspects of our works, including interior detailing
- Preparation of tender documentation and budgets
- Project oversight, including day to day liaison with consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors
- Preparation of CDM and Health and Safety documentation
- Minimum 2/3yrs Experience preparing detailed construction drawing packages for residential projects
- Good working knowledge and understanding of current building standards (Planning/Building Regulations)
- Must have experience overseeing and implementing the construction phase of projects, including the coordination of the design team and contractors.
- Clear communication skills with clients, colleagues and contractors
- Software – AutoCad, Sketchup, 3D rendering packages, Adobe Suite – Photoshop/InDesign.
Job Types: Full-time or Part-time
Salary: £25,000.00-£38,000.00 + per year (negotiable on experience)
Apply for Architect/Architectural Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly