Town Planner - Land Acquisition
Town Planner & Land Buyer
Salary c£25k-£30k negotiable depending on experience, + benefits!
Are you an ambitious Town Planner who would like to explore a role in Land acquisition? Do you want to work for an exciting and forward-thinking company? Are you a persuasive, confident and charismatic negotiator? My client is an executive House Builder based in the North West, who have presented the exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Town Planner to join their Land team, where the successful candidate will assist in the identification, assessment and securement of strategic opportunities.
In this role you will assist the team in securing new sites and identify strategic opportunities that the company will promote through the plan process. The primary objective will be to identify sites, both short-term and strategic, on which to prepare viabilities and submit offers on, and entire into contracts.
In this role you will assist the team in the following:
- Monitoring local plans, SHLAAs and neighbourhood plans within the operating area
- Identifying sites with potential for residential development and investigating planning constraints and land ownership.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial appraisals and offer letters.
- Managing a range of planning applications, appeals and pre-application enquiries.
- Assessing planning applications and monitoring outcomes.
- Researching and designing planning policies to guide development.
- Communicating with all stakeholders involves in the planning process.
- Supporting senior team members as required.
The requirements for this position:
- Personable - the candidate must be a 'people person' able to communicate at all levels.
- Ambitious - Tenacious with a 'get up and go' attitude!
- Professional - the ability to deal with all manner of social groups professionally and politely, from landowners to Barristers.
- Negotiator - good negotiation skills are essential and external training will be given.
- Problem Solver - Candidates who can analyse an issue and report various solutions.
- Planning - some knowledge of the planning system would be advantageous.
- Law - some knowledge of property and contract law would be advantageous.
To be considered for the position, you must hold a bachelors or Post Graduate degree in a Planning related subject, 2+ years' previous experience in a similar role desirable, and a 'can-do' and outgoing attitude, this role involves negotiation which requires confidence and clear communication, both oral and written.
SO WHY APPLY? The successful candidate will be offered a competitive starting salary and bonus package. With this role comes continued support from an experienced, professional team as well as training and commitment to your professional development!
Interested? For applications, and more information regarding this role and similar roles in Town Planning, please submit your CV to Megan Field at Megan.email@example.com or call 01792 365 104.
Apply for Town Planner - Land Acquisition
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly