Associate Architect Job In Canterbury, Kent
We are currently working with an AJ100 practice that is seeking an Associate Architect to take a lead role in its Canterbury office. The role will see you work closely with clients and lead its Architectural team.
Our client was founded in the 1940's and has grown to over 250 people across 11 UK offices. In this time, they have established themselves as an industry leader in planning advice, heritage consultancy, building surveying, conservation, and contemporary architecture. The Kent office currently has 19 members of staff and has constantly been a top performer in the group. Due to internal promotion, they are seeking a motivated Associate Architect to join the team. Please note that they will consider relevant relocating candidates for the role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Contribute to winning and leading an exciting range of bespoke architectural projects
- Developing and securing of work
- Manage projects from conception through to delivery
- Liaise regularly with clients and external consultants
- Developing relationships with clients
- Help lead the Kent studio and manage a small team of Architects and Assistants
- Enthuse and inspire your team offering support in their career development.
Required Skills & Experience
- Part III qualified with a minimum of 5 years working as a Project Architect in a UK-based practice
- Experience in business development and work winning, including bidding experience is essential
- Proven experience working across all RIBA stages and managing a project through
- Demonstrate good client-facing communication skills
- An Interest in conservation-based projects is essential
- AABC or RIBA SCA/ CA accreditation is desirable
- Proficiency in BIM/ Revit is an advantage but training will be offered
- Leadership experience managing a small to medium sized studio, business, or team
- A strong understanding of UK Building and Planning regulations
- Experience of taking responsibility for the financial success of projects, and strong commercial awareness.
What you get back
- Highly competitive salary - fully dependent on level of experience
- 30 days annual leave, increasing up to 30 days with service
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Eye care vouchers
- Optional healthcare cashback
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- TOIL system in place.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Associate Architect Job in Canterbury, Kent - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Watson Job Ref: 11703)
Apply for Associate Architect Job In Canterbury, Kent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly