Part I Architects Assistant
CROE Architects are seeking a recently or soon to be qualified Part l Architectural assistant to join our Hitchin office.
Due to an increasing work load, the Hitchin office is seeking a new Part I Architectural assistant. Having been established close to 5 years now, the practice now has 2 offices, working on all manner of residential projects from one off bespoke dwellings, new developments, listed buildings and barn conversions.
As this is for a junior position, we are interested in speaking to people who are eager to learn and have a keen enthusiasm for architecture and the built environment.
A successful candidate will be expected to take on the following responsibilities:
- Be suitably qualified, ideally you will have some experience within a UK based practice.
- Have a good knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, in preparation of both presentation, technical and detail drawings and schedules, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, Sketchup or other 3d (PC based) software.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Working as part of a team.
- Assisting in the preparation of technical and presentation drawings, reports, visualisations, schedules and specifications.
- Alongside more senior members of staff, overseeing construction works on site and liaising with clients and contractors to produce complete building projects.
Role & description:
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic budding architect who is keen to contribute to a rapidly growing practice. A proactive attitude is essential, as is an ability to work under pressure and meet often tight deadlines. The preferred candidate will ideally have had some experience in the residential design sector, a basic understanding of the planning system, along with the various RIBA design stages of projects.
It would be advantageous for candidates to have had some on site experience, be that work experience, or working as a trades apprentice. Good communication skills are essential for the new roles. The role may require you to work in our other office from time to time, this is purely to help you become accustom with other members of our team, our processes and expectations.
- Legal Entitlement to work and reside within the UK.
- Must Speak Fluent and Good Clear English
- Minimum hours of work; Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm (you may be asked to work additional hours when required).
- Live or moving to a commutable distance from home to the Hitchin office.
- Hold full driving licence.
As this is for a junior position and will be supervised by more experienced members of staff, this position is for office based employees only.
If you are keen for a challenging and varied work environment with exposure to all stages of residential architectural, then this position may be suitable for you. For those interested send an introduction cover letter along with your CV and digital portfolio (max 4 pages) to email@example.com. Please ensure that your portfolio includes several examples of your most recent design work.
Apply for Part I Architects Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly