Head of Interior Design
Who we are
Dyer Grimes Architecture are a leading high-end residential Architectural and Interiors Design practice in South West London, who have achieved the Sunday Times Best Family Home award two years running and have moved into brand new offices overlooking the river at Wandsworth.
We have recently won some fantastic new commissions and are looking to grow our team with a number of different positions. We are an award-winning practice and as such have high standards of design and presentation.
Dyer-Grimes Architecture are recruiting for an experienced Interior Designer to join our office. You will be leading and delivering the creative output on high end private residential projects. We are looking for a highly creative individual with strong interior design flair and possible with their feet grounded in architecture.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, develop and lead interior architectural design for GDA clients and complex projects.
- developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients and setting project schedules.
- Exhibit sound judgment in establishing the goals of the client through direct client contact and team communication.
- Directly participate with Project Manager(s) and Sr. Project Architect(s), Directors and MD to ensure project is on schedule, on budget, reflects the latest industry trends, and meets all business objectives.
- Maintain regular communications with client or client representatives to verify design requirements, progress reviews and design delivery.
- Oversee the quality of interior design product throughout the project process.
- Lead client presentations and present design concepts and drawings.
- Sourcing and specifying products and materials according to set budgets
- Researching and gathering information and design insight relating to the project
- Producing comprehensive mood boards for presentation to clients in the agreed format for the company
- sourcing products, e.g. fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration and dressing, and providing samples for clients and within set budgets according to set budgets.
- Preparing detailed drawings, designs, plans and schemes
- Supervising work at the design stage and on site
- Keeping up to date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
- Proven experience working with high end private residential, new build houses and period refurbishment projects.
- Excellent design, presentation and technical ability.
- A demonstrable track record of running projects from inception to completion to client satisfaction.
- Fluent proficiency in Vectorworks, Sketchup, Adobe CS, In-Design, Photoshop essential.
- An eye for design and colour, with good 3D and spatial awareness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of FFE suppliers - furniture, fabric and wallpaper
- The ability to visualise concepts and explain them to others
- Strong organisational skills, to ensure each project is completed on time and within budget
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to present and sell the designs, promote and explain ideas, and build relationships with clients.
- Project management skills, including the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, on multiple projects
- Fluency in English both written and verbal essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly and creative office and build a portfolio of award-winning homes.
What we Offer
Competitive salary based upon experience and a performance-based bonus. A variety of exciting projects and opportunities to grow professionally.
Due to the large volume of applications expected we are unable to respond to all enquiries.
Please submit your cover letter why you would like to join us, the date from which you are available, CV, and portfolio no more than 5mb and 15 pages, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing DGA-Int06, your name and position in the subject bar.
We will be processing all data received according to general data protection regulations.
Apply for Head of Interior Design
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly