ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST/ TECHNICIAN/ PART ll ARCHITECTURAL ASSISTANT
Multi award-winning luxury tree house company based in East Sussex is looking for an experienced and talented individual to join our in-house design team. The ideal candidate must have a keen eye for detail with a strong understanding of timber frame construction and general building practices. You will take concept designs agreed with the client through to completion.
Our team specialises in imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale that endeavour to create a balance between humanity and the environment in both the private and commercial sectors.
- Strong knowledge of timber frame construction is essential, preferably at least 2 years’ experience.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience post qualification through all stages of design. This includes planning applications, design and access statements, Building Control applications, site layout plans and technical drawings for construction.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of construction and detailing.
- Excellent technical detailing ability is required to supply construction details, work with the team on specifications and material detailing. The ideal candidate should be able to detail to a standard that minimises mid-construction queries.
- Articulate your ideas and concepts precisely, comprehensibly and in a graphically engaging way.
- Fully conversant with Building Regulations and possess the ability to implement through good design at all stages of the drawing process.
- Demonstrated ability to work with external consultants such as structural engineers.
- Willingness to attend construction on site and engage with carpenters and other trades.
- Have worked on a project from concept to completion in the UK.
- Be familiar with all RIBA work stages.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD 2D, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- Have great verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Be proactive, organised and efficient.
- Thrive within a fast-paced dynamic environment and manage priorities across multiple projects.
- Be fluent in English and demonstrate you can legally work in the UK.
- Understand Blue Forest’s design philosophy and have sensitivity with technical knowledge.
Blue Forest gives you the opportunity to develop your construction knowledge and technical abilities within our friendly, sociable, supportive and stimulating studio environment. We can also offer some days working from home once you have settled into the role.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
Closing date: TBC
Start date: Immediate start
Type of Contract: Permanent Full Time
Please apply via email, including a copy of your current CV & portfolio which must include samples of technical detailing (in PDF format, size less than 10MB, with clear indication of your role on every project listed), to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate any notice period if applicable, and a brief description why you feel you should be a part of our team.
We try to get back to all applicants, however sometimes due to the number of applications received we are only able to contact suitable candidates.
UK based applicants only. Must live locally to Tunbridge Wells and have own transport due to rural location.
Apply for ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST/ TECHNICIAN/ PART ll ARCHITECTURAL ASSISTANT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly