Architect, Senior Architect or Associate (Healthcare)
Architect (Healthcare Sector), Cardiff
- Full Time (40 hrs pw Monday to Friday)
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office our studio in Cardiff is located in the heart of the city centre in a historic Victorian shopping arcade and just a few minutes’ walk from both Cardiff Central and Queen Street train stations. The Creative Quarter is a vibrant place to work, shared with other creative industries and within close proximity to the developing creative and business hub of the city.
The studio currently totals c20 staff comprising Architects, Technicians, Digital Artists and Interior Designers; each focussing on a range of Healthcare, Education and Science projects locally and across the UK. We maintain strong links with local universities, both in our portfolio of award winning work and also through mentoring schemes.
This challenge will give you the opportunity to focus on a range of projects across Wales and the UK. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative and inclusive team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence who work across several sectors including Health, Education, Science and Living.
You’ll be coordinating the design & construction phases of projects of varying size, delivering high quality architectural solutions, leading elements of large and small projects independently while supporting the Studio management team with input to programming and resourcing reviews. Your sector experience will ideally include recent exposure to Healthcare projects.
In the UK, IBI Group’s experience extends to all aspects of Healthcare procurement including traditional, PFI, 3PD and LIFT schemes across acute, primary, private and mental health sectors. As a trusted supply chain partner, our portfolio also includes all three of the UK’s national healthcare frameworks and NHS SBS.
IBI Group provide architectural, healthcare planning, interior design, landscape and town planning services; a complementary offering that clients find adds value to their projects. With expertise in estate strategies and briefing through to full building design, our experience encompasses every aspect of the project life-cycle.
Through IBI THiNK, the practice’s award-winning Healthcare designs remain progressive and innovative through playing a leading role in the research and design of new initiatives, the development of new products and the production of guidance notes that help shape the future of healthcare provision. Our reputation is built on achieving client satisfaction through design excellence underpinned by our belief that good design really does make a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting and leading on projects with responsibility for programme and budget management, effective time and resources management and promoting best practice & knowledge within the Studio
- Coordinating contract documents, design / consulting teams and follow projects through to completion (contract administration)
- Work in all aspects of projects: design development, working drawings, contract administration and on site services
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with other disciplines
- Lead elements of large / complex projects or small projects independently, working with / without a team
- Manage client relationships and team communication (including project teams and budgets)
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Maintain the project documentation, drawings and specifications
- Conduct on-site inspections and document site reviews
- Process change control requests during construction and address RFI
- Interface with statutory authorities during the design and construction phases of the project
- Develop and promote excellent people management practices
- Understand and adhere to procedures including quality management and environmental management systems and health & safety
- Contribute to the business development activities of the Studio and office
- Support in the preparation of proposals, submissions and presentations
- Promotes the use and continuous development of appropriate systems, procedures and protocols
Apply for Architect, Senior Architect or Associate (Healthcare)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly