Senior Town Planner 3+ years' experience
2 days left
- Full Time
Senior Planner 3+ years' experience.
Salary c£40-42k, negotiable depending on experience, + benefits!
My client is a Public Sector organisation who lead on all aspects of large-scale solar development and are currently looking for a Senior Town Planner to join their team in creating a unique model that puts the local community first.
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Planning to deliver planning activities for the company's renewable energy projects which may include, but not limited to, solar, storage, heat networks and waste to energy solutions. This will include completion of site feasibility works, managing planning requirements for live projects including planning applications, consenting, public consultation, liaising with clients and regulatory bodies.
- To undertake early desktop feasibility assessments of potential projects identified using the in-house GIS system.
- To undertake detailed site assessments to establish renewable development potential to include site inspections, detailed examination of planning histories, policy analysis and interpretation and consideration of material considerations.
- To lead on pre-application discussions with LPAs, and where relevant manage pre- application assessments.
- To manage the timely submission of planning applications and supporting statements.
- Where appropriate, to co-ordinate the preparation and submission of Environmental Impact Assessments to support planning applications, including managing specialist consultancy input into the environmental statement.
- To manage all aspects of consultation including early consultation with the public and Councillors, co-ordinating and attending public consultation meetings about planning issues.
- To work with the procurement manager to appoint any required planning specialisms required for specific projects.
- To liaise with team members and wider professionals involved in the planning process, such as lawyers and engineers.
- To keep abreast of legislation, regulations and government guidance, and input into the business planning process where appropriate.
- Where necessary, to provide planning advice in respect of other areas of the business (waste, heat, and wider energy developments).
- 3-4 years' experience in a planning role.
- Membership (or eligibility) for the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Relevant undergraduate and post graduate qualifications.
- Experience of managing the planning process for renewable energy projects.
- Keen to progress and be involved in new and innovative projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders from a wide range of organisations, disciplines, and bodies.
- The ability to engage positively with local communities.
- A commercially focussed approach and understanding of company objectives.
- Excellent project management and research skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative, and across the team and wider company.
- Ability to work on several different problems at once.
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team.
For the ideal candidate, my client is happy to offer a competitive salary, impressive bonus package, continued training, a commitment to professional development and the opportunity to gain experience through exposure to unique and varying projects and responsibilities.
For applications and more information about this role and other roles in the Town Planning sector, please send your CV to Megan Field at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01792 365 104.
Apply for Senior Town Planner 3+ years' experience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly