Design Manager Cambridge
1 day left
- Full Time
his successful construction company based in Cambridge has a new role for a Design Manager. Offering a highly competitive salary and benefits package this is a role not to miss.
Spread over 9 offices, this family-owned construction company operate over several sectors including housing, commercial, science, defence and infrastructure.
Due an increase in work levels they are now seeking a Design Manager to support the preconstruction team based in their Cambridge office.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the design process from tender to site commencement.
- Understanding of design brief
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, usually in the form of an Employer's Requirements
- Management of design process with internal and external teams
- Attending a leading of meetings with external consultants and clients
Reviewing of design team and subcontractor drawings
- Assist the estimator & commercial manager in the preparation of the cost plan, offering advice on the required design issues
- Assist the estimator in preparation of sub- contractor packages for tender, advising of design requirements which are to be noted by the subcontractor in the preparation of their quotations
- Ensure projects is kept on schedule
- Monitor any design issues
- Involvement of site progress.
Required Skills & Experience
- Possess a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Experience of design and build projects is essential
- Track record of managing teams
- Confident communicator
- Proficient on Microsoft packages (Work excel outlook) and document management systems
- Ability to use Bluebeam or 4 Projects would be highly beneficial
- Able to work to deadlines
- Possess commercial awareness
- Full driving licence will be essential for this role.
What you get back
- £50,000 - £64,000
- Homeworking days
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Company car
- Free parking
- Based at our Cambridge Office.
-Contributory Pension Scheme
- Hours of work - 8.15am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Design manager- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter John Watson Job Ref: 11660)
Apply for Design Manager Cambridge
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly